France vs. Mitch

D-train

France vs. Mitch

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:17 pm

Mitch
“Mitch played, I think, seven innings (Wednesday) night in the outfield, and he’s been taking his turn regularly. He’ll play again (Thursday with Triple-A Tacoma), I believe, as a DH,” Dipoto said. “So he’s been toggling back and forth between DH and outfield. The biggest thing for Mitch isn’t about hitting a magic number of plate appearances or games in the outfield, it’s just about when he tells us ‘my timing feels right.’ And when we tee up tomorrow to play the Angels or get into that series and Mitch says ‘my timing feels right,’ there’s a pretty good chance he’ll be playing right field or DH for us the next day. That’s how we’re going to make that assessment.

France:
What you saw in the ninth inning is a guy who still doesn’t have his timing,” Servais said. “You saw a guy who’s a really good competitor. Like a lot of our guys on our team, they find a way. He doesn’t feel great at the plate after not playing for five days. He knows he’s not on top of it and has to find a way to get the ball in play. He’s had the magic wand and he found a hole for a huge hit.”
dt

Thepeelsessions

Re: France vs. Mitch

Post by Thepeelsessions » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:50 pm

Sad that Jerry coddles this kind of behavior.

D-train

Re: France vs. Mitch

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Thepeelsessions wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:50 pm
Sad that Jerry coddles this kind of behavior.
Sounds like he doesn't have a choice. Can't make a guy play.

I don't think is was random what Scott said about France and him not having his timing and Jerry Blatantly made a point that Mitch is healthy but wants his timing to be perfect. He has played 11 games and has 1.055 OPS for God's sake.

I was thinking about all the times that guys have famously played through injuries like Willis Reed, Kurt Gibson, literally almost EVERY NFL player almost EVERY game, Cal Ripken had to have fought through injuries hundreds of times throughout his streak. And he isn't even injured any longer.

Hopefully he didn't play last night because he will be in the M's lineup tonight but who knows with that guy.
dt