Game Two vs. Angels Haniger's return game thread

TraderGary

Re: Game Two vs. Angels Haniger's return game thread

Post by TraderGary » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:55 am

3 runs in 2 games and 6 runs in 3 games against a mediocre pitching staff. Pathetic.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:27 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:06 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:55 am

What does that even mean lol?

I'd welcome a random Mariner executive to come piss in my coffee every morning if it meant we were a winning franchise.

Fuck being fan friendly.
You don't understand the concept of a fan friendly owner? Sure, the Astros can probably calculate wins better, go be an Astros fan but I'll pass. Heaven forbid I might be talking about more than winning but I love what a guy like Peter Sadler brings to the game
Forget the slight build and quiet, understated public image of Padres Chairman and principal owner Peter Seidler. He’s a one-man, high-voltage lightning storm in storm-less San Diego, tossing bolts in all directions.
One shook Petco Park’s home clubhouse, where the limitations-be-damned addition of 23-year-old, bat-wielding superstar Juan Soto stunned. One struck the heart of San Diego, a city now believing baseball’s biggest hardware can shift from dream to destination.
ADVERTISEMENT
And one more sizzled from coast to coast, as Major League Baseball morphed from captivated to slack-jawed that a franchise mired in irrelevancy for so much of its existence has become a full-blown player at the biggest tables.
President of Baseball Operations and GM A.J. Preller might be the mad scientist, but none of this happens — nada, zero, zilch — without Seidler’s willingness to consider everything and wring the checkbook like a dish rag.
He’s changing everything, without regard for operational brick walls or brake pedals, as the eighth-largest city in America gasps at the breakneck drama and rarely rewarded patience being charred to a crisp.
You're preaching a "more than winning mentality" to a fan of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 21 years.

Does that just go completely over your head, or?

Donn, I'd be willing to bet you haven't attended a Mariners game in person in ages.
Exactly, if I needed a new team to root for it's not going to be the Padres, or the Yankees or Dodgers for that matter. If that's what you want go for it, frontrunners. Just because I've spent my life rooting for the mariners is the reason I'd love to be experiencing what Seidler is bringing to San Diego

I'd love to have a team with an owner like that, I think it be fun
.Trust that Seidler craves the spotlight as much as a fish fancies a trip to the desert. Ask him why the money, which will include Soto arbitration years that could reach a combined $70 million or more, never has become a budgeting stop sign and he deflects praise.

He pointed toward the Petco Park seats.
“It’s really because of the fans that we’re willing to take the next step,” Seidler said of the increased revenue that’s creating buy-in and partnership. “The fans appreciate it, they show up. What I’ve really learned, if you treat people with respect, listen to people and trust your executives, good things happen.”
One sign-waving fan agreed.

“It was like Joe Musgrove’s no-hitter,” Cale said. “I’ve been waiting for that my whole life. I didn’t know how to act after it happened. These guys just did something (at the trade deadline) I haven’t been a part of in my whole life.
“Giving this town that kind of gift? Amazing.”

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:18 am
Sam with a .868 OPS hitting 9th and Frazier at .621 hitting leadoff. I literally thank God every day that these Jokers have 10x the info that we do when making out the lineups. Lmao
It's like playing the Packers in a playoff game with no RunningBacks and a shitty defense and gameplanning to win the game 13 to 10....the. turning it over to the passing game only after falling behind three scores, only to lose by less than a TD. I read about that happening once. LOL