She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

TraderGary

Re: Yankee scum comin' to our neck of the woods GT

Post by TraderGary » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:02 am

Thepeelsessions wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:57 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:50 am
Logan is a completely different pitcher right now. He's atrocious. Every single AB seems to be hard contact. He can't miss bats. Cal lines up on the outside, he throws on the inside. Maybe he's injured? Fatigued? I'm more worried about him making it to the end of the season than Kirby.
I’m right there with you. His decline has just been too steep recently, Yankees or no Yankees. It seems very Felix-esque.

#fightme
I'm in the same camp as you guys.

But I also think Logan really believes he can consistently overpower hitters and blow them away with his fastball, even against a very good fastball hitting team like the Yankees. He clearly needs to work on his location and secondary pitches in the offseason. Got to believe he realizes this.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:05 am

TraderGary wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:02 am
Thepeelsessions wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Logan is a completely different pitcher right now. He's atrocious. Every single AB seems to be hard contact. He can't miss bats. Cal lines up on the outside, he throws on the inside. Maybe he's injured? Fatigued? I'm more worried about him making it to the end of the season than Kirby.
I’m right there with you. His decline has just been too steep recently, Yankees or no Yankees. It seems very Felix-esque.

#fightme

But I also think Logan really believes he can consistently overpower hitters and blow them away with his fastball, even against a very good fastball hitting team like the Yankees. He clearly needs to work on his location and secondary pitches in the offseason. Got to believe he realizes this.
Exactomundo. He sucks at adjustments. Thinks he can blow bye everyone with that high fastball.
Most teams yes. But not the fucking Yankees or Houston. He tried to throw a curve but where was the slider today???
He has no go to strikeout pitch other than the fastball. That's a problem.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Thepeelsessions

Post by Thepeelsessions » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:08 am

TraderGary wrote:
Thepeelsessions wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

#fightme

Exactly! Just like bad Felix. He was just always too big for his britches in the later years and thought he could keep pumping his FB in there with no consequences. Then when he actually tried to mix in his off speed stuff, it was crap in the dirt.

I’m a little miffed Logan’s secondary off speed stuff is still poor, like it was last year. He needs to prioritize it, no questions asked.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:09 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:05 am
TraderGary wrote:
Thepeelsessions wrote:

#fightme

Exactomundo. He sucks at adjustments. Thinks he can blow bye everyone with that high fastball.
Most teams yes. But not the fucking Yankees or Houston. He tried to throw a curve but where was the slider today???
I agree, but I also think an even bigger problem is that he can't get his secondary pitches over the plate consistently, so everyone just sits on his fastball which makes it too easy to hit.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:09 am

Well. We're not going to WIN too many games with only two hits either.

Other than Haniger, no one has really stepped up tonight.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:13 am

TraderGary wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:09 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:05 am
TraderGary wrote:

I agree, but I also think an even bigger problem is that he can't get his secondary pitches over the plate consistently, so everyone just sits on his fastball which makes it too easy to hit.
Makes you question who you start in a short series now in the playoffs doesn't it???
Maybe with the knowledge that Logan has difficulty vs. winning lineups....
Do you start Ray, Castillo, Marco? Guys with experience and control. Keep the bench warm with Kirby then Logan as substitutes?

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:15 am

Wow. Carpenter is out with a fractured foot.
That ball he fouled off his foot broke it.
Shame for the Skankees.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:16 am

Come January if Stanton has any brass balls at all he'll throw 1,000 brinks trucks at Judge. No fucking excuses. Somethings gotta give.

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:17 am

Pitching Coach really needs to help Logan use his off speed more, especially against really good hitting lineups. Last year was a fluke against them this year they are eating him up badly.