Roster Poll

D-train

Roster Poll

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm

There are too many possibilities for a close ended multiple choice poll so we will go with an open ended poll. By the end of the week Julio, Trammell and Moore will be healthy. The non locks currently on the roster are Lewis Santana, JK, Lamb and Sam. Neither Moore or TT are locks. There are only room for 4 of the 7. What are your Fab 4? (btw I am not including the obvious Casali for Torrens swap)

Mine is: Lamb, TT, Sam, Moore. JK and Lewis to AAA and DFA Santana.
dt

Captain 97

Re: Roster Poll

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm
There are too many possibilities for a close ended multiple choice poll so we will go with an open ended poll. By the end of the week Julio, Trammell and Moore will be healthy. The non locks currently on the roster are Lewis Santana, JK, Lamb and Sam. Neither Moore or TT are locks. There are only room for 4 of the 7. What are your Fab 4? (btw I am not including the obvious Casali for Torrens swap)

Your suggestion is probably what should happen just based on a talent and performance basis but that's not who they will keep.
Out of those 7 if 3 have to go its going to be JK, Lewis and Tramell.

Jerry didn't trade for Lamb just to go and DFA him a few days later
Moore stays because he is the only one who can back up SS
Santana stays because of his leadership role on the team
And Haggerty stays because he has earned it with his play and performed better than the trio of 4A outfielders.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:59 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:51 pm
D-train wrote:

Your suggestion is probably what should happen just based on a talent and performance basis but that's not who they will keep.

And Haggerty stays because he has earned it with his play and performed better than the trio of 4A outfielders.
Our only difference is Santana over TT. I agree that is likely what they will do and call up TT in Sept. 28 roster spots btw.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:59 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
D-train wrote:

Our only difference is Santana over TT. I agree that is likely what they will do and call up TT in Sept. 28 roster spots btw.
Wow. I triple that consensus! :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

gil

Post by gil » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm

My prediction: Ms keep Santana, Sam, Moore, and Lewis. (TT stays only is Lewis goes on injured list again.)

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:27 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm
My prediction: Ms keep Santana, Sam, Moore, and Lewis. (TT stays only is Lewis goes on injured list again.)
Could be. Guess it depends if the cash considerations for Lamb were less than or great than $100. :)

Lewis is 4 for 40 and can't run. I think that is why they picked up Lamb.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:27 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm
Could be. Guess it depends if the cash considerations for Lamb were less than or great than $100. :)

Lewis is 4 for 40 and can't run. I think that is why they picked up Lamb.
Yes, I've been really disappointed to see Lewis so bad.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:54 pm

The three who have to go are JK, Lewis and Santana, but I have this bad feeling Trammell is going to Tacoma and we're going to keep Santana and his now-albatross bat in the lineup simply because DiPoto traded for him and for no other reason.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:08 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
D-train wrote:

Completely agree with this.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

Yeah, there is the clubhouse influence as a reason for keeping Santana. So if he is helping to mold Julio into ultimately a better player is there value in that?