Time for Castillo to rakr the Coles over the Skakees G.T, 8/9/22

Donn Beach

Re: Time for Castillo to rakr the Coles over the Skakees G.T, 8/9/22

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:07 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:12 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 pm
I'm all for giving Brash another chance to start. This would be a bit of a risk, but what would you feel about this plan.

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby
Resign Boyd to be long inning guy that could be starter depth
Give Brash/Dollard chance to earn starting job in ST. Boyd would be backup if needed. Hancock slowly Stretched out like Kirby this year, would be ready mid May- June if needed.

Trade Marco and Flexen for offensive depth.
I like it. Make it so (Captain Kirk). :D
As I understand it, they put him in the BP so he could contribute this season. It's not a long term plan

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:33 am

Trade Marco and Flexen for some minor league filler and sign a #2 like Carlos Rodon.

A Castillo/Rodon/Ray/Gilbert/Kirby rotation with Brash/Dollard as the next man up is playoff ready.

Brash is in a similar spot as Justin Dunn last season. Could be good, could suck, wouldn't risk the playoffs on handing him a spot, but as an injury fill-in, be my guest.

And we'd save almost as much from trading Marco and Flexen that it would only cost an additional $10M/yr or so to get another Castillo/Ray level addition. No brainer imo.

We're at the point of incremental improvements being how we can push over the top. Going from a #5 starting pitcher (Marco) to adding a #2 (Rodon, or other FA) is one of those moves that can be done easily enough with $.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:37 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:07 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:12 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 pm
I'm all for giving Brash another chance to start. This would be a bit of a risk, but what would you feel about this plan.

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby
Resign Boyd to be long inning guy that could be starter depth
Give Brash/Dollard chance to earn starting job in ST. Boyd would be backup if needed. Hancock slowly Stretched out like Kirby this year, would be ready mid May- June if needed.

Trade Marco and Flexen for offensive depth.
I like it. Make it so (Captain Kirk). :D
As I understand it, they put him in the BP so he could contribute this season. It's not a long term plan
They may say that, but it's hard to imagine Brash as a starter. He's a bullpen guy.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 am

I understand what you're getting at but if that was the case what the heck was he doing in the opening day rotation as a rookie? They must see something in him. And then they just totally change direction after a couple weeks?