Re: Time for Castillo to rakr the Coles over the Skakees G.T, 8/9/22

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:35 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:28 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:22 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:11 pm

I wouldn't count them either if Castillo was getting the same calls. He was really good late in the game though.
Yeah I just don't really buy into any of that. I can be annoying AF but guys are going to get some calls wrong. Let's say if he gets 6 wrong we are ok if it is 3 against us and 3 for us, right? How about 4 against us and 2 for us, does that mean he is a Yankee fan? Or does it have to be 5-1 or 6-0. I honestly think it is random though I could see bias of being for the home team to hear the crowd roar when you call a guy out on strikes. I doubt it is conscious though.

I was an ump for little leagues throw 60mph fastballs and almost no breaking pitches and it was a pretty easy job which I was paid handsomely for ($4 a game.)lol but I imagine it is a bit tougher with these pitchers with insane velo and movement.
I just want it consistent. If he's giving the borderline outside call, it had to go both ways. It's not a number thing, it's about giving one team a different strike zone than the other.
Yeah, agree but I don't think it is intentional. I don't think he says, "Ok now the Yankees are up so I am going to shrink the strike zone" but believe me, I know it seems like it sometimes and its maddening.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:47 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:12 am
Castillo should be back. Swanson should be available. Murfee should be available, and I'm sure Nunoz can pitch again if needed. Bullpen isn't in that poor of a condition considering. Hopefully Ray can get 6 strong innings and the offense wakes up a bit
I am back after 3.5 hours of sleep. I see a nap in my future. I'm not sure if this has been said but not only was that one of the best pitching duels of the modern era (post pitch count) but that was the best game have EVER seen from a Home plate umpire. 13 innings and did not miss a single pitch not even by a 1/2 inch! Was so refreshing given the typical shit shows we see almost every game I had to commend his command performance, Especially considering the velocity and movement from both the two starters and litany of amazing BP arms.

Well done HP: Ramon De Jesus!
It still in favor of NYY, but overall I thought it was a pretty good called game.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:47 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:12 am
Castillo should be back. Swanson should be available. Murfee should be available, and I'm sure Nunoz can pitch again if needed. Bullpen isn't in that poor of a condition considering. Hopefully Ray can get 6 strong innings and the offense wakes up a bit
I am back after 3.5 hours of sleep. I see a nap in my future. I'm not sure if this has been said but not only was that one of the best pitching duels of the modern era (post pitch count) but that was the best game have EVER seen from a Home plate umpire. 13 innings and did not miss a single pitch not even by a 1/2 inch! Was so refreshing given the typical shit shows we see almost every game I had to commend his command performance, Especially considering the velocity and movement from both the two starters and litany of amazing BP arms.

Well done HP: Ramon De Jesus!
It still in favor of NYY, but overall I thought it was a pretty good called game.
I think all the bad calls were in favor of NY. Maybe Seattle scores earlier if a few of those were called, but I thought he did a great job, especially late in the game.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:42 pm

My MVP has to be Matt Brash.
I expected Castillo to be a Yankee killer.
Munoz is becoming a star before our very eyes.
We got a good Festa.
And Sewald was Sewald.
But Brash....asked to covert to a relief pitcher and brought in under a pressure cooker.
Has struggled at times but man did he step up for two innings vs. a tough Yankee lineup!
Kid has balls of steel.
Granted he had some unbelievable defense to back him up.
Maybe next year they can stretch him out and make him a starter again. He's got the stuff.
I loved personally the pitching duel.
Every extra inning was edge of your seat.
I too felt the umpire was good in this game.
Early on I saw he missed some pitches for Castillo on the edges but imho he got better as the game continued.
Maybe he felt the "playoff atmosphere" and pure competition between these teams and did his best work.
Thank God this wasn't a game in Yankee Stadium.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 pm

I'm all for giving Brash another chance to start. This would be a bit of a risk, but what would you feel about this plan.

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby
Resign Boyd to be long inning guy that could be starter depth
Give Brash/Dollard chance to earn starting job in ST. Boyd would be backup if needed. Hancock slowly Stretched out like Kirby this year, would be ready mid May- June if needed.

Trade Marco and Flexen for offensive depth.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:12 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 pm
I'm all for giving Brash another chance to start. This would be a bit of a risk, but what would you feel about this plan.

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby
Give Brash/Dollard chance to earn starting job in ST. Boyd would be backup if needed. Hancock slowly Stretched out like Kirby this year, would be ready mid May- June if needed.

I like it. Make it so (Captain Kirk). :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Juliooooo wrote:

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby

Curious why not just keep Marco or Flexen who are both better than Boyd?
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:14 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby

Because they have more value as starters, and you could trade them for offensive help. Maybe replenish the minors a bit for a trade later down the road. You also save money to sign a FA or resign Castillo.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:31 pm

btw Hancock is at 63 IPs and will finish at about 100. Brash is at 57 and will finish at about 80.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:14 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Kirby

Because they have more value as starters, and you could trade them for offensive help. Maybe replenish the minors a bit for a trade later down the road. You also save money to sign a FA or resign Castillo.
Boyd is going to fill that Borucki role nicely if he can manage to stay healthy. I've wanted to see this kid in an M's uni for sometime now.