Re: Ray to test the rough waters of the Sea of Cortes G.T. 8/10/ 22

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:38 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:06 pm

I am ok jumping off that bridge when we get to it. Pretty slim odds we have play in Toronto so I am not worried about it. I know you aren't blaming him.
You get upset about players like Haniger taking longer rehab than you like, you can't tell me you would be completely OK with your 21 million dollar starter completely sitting out an entire series because he won't get a vaccination... While I won't be really that upset, I will definitely be annoyed. He needs to decide now, because by the time they know if they are playing in Toronto, it will be too late.
Not saying it wouldn't suck but not going to worry about something with such a low likelihood of happening. When would he need to get it by?
Not sure their rules, but generally with Moderna and Pfizer, you need to start 5-6 weeks before to be considered "fully vaccinated". J&J 2 weeks, not sure if still doing the J&J though. I did see there was a new one that was approved, but not sure if 1 dose or 2.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:53 pm

I think we are going to blow past Toronto. We have the easiest schedule in baseball and they have the 9th toughest.

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb/remaining ... e_strength
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm
There are currently 6 teams vying for 3 WC spots. If the season ended to today we would in fact have to play in Toronto but there are hundreds of possible combinations for how the six teams finish. I wish I could remember my stats class to calculate it but the odds are small.

Even with three teams it would only a 1/6 chance for us to have to play in Toronto.

Tor
M's :cry:
Team C

Tor
Team C
M's :|

M's :D
Team C
Tor

Tor
Team C

Team C
M's :)
Tor

Team C
Tor
It doesn't work that way. Currently Toronto has the lead, and M's are second. The actual odds of Tor 1 and M's 2 are much higher than the calculations you would get that way. I can't find the odds for each playoff spot, but the odds if the Odds of the Blue Jays are 50 % to be the 1 seed, and Mariners are 30 % of making the 2 seed, thats a 15 % chance of M's going to Toronto. I'd bet its somewhat closer to that.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:56 pm
He can just pitch the home game then, eff Canada. Nothing good has ever come out of Canada. What, they've got moose and hockey. Both stupid.
Rush and Dudley Do Right. C'MON MAN 😄

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:20 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm
There are currently 6 teams vying for 3 WC spots. If the season ended to today we would in fact have to play in Toronto but there are hundreds of possible combinations for how the six teams finish. I wish I could remember my stats class to calculate it but the odds are small.

Even with three teams it would only a 1/6 chance for us to have to play in Toronto.

Tor
M's :cry:
Team C

Tor
Team C

Team C
Tor

Tor
Team C

Team C
M's :)
Tor

Team C
Tor
It doesn't work that way. Currently Toronto has the lead, and M's are second. The actual odds of Tor 1 and M's 2 are much higher than the calculations you would get that way. I can't find the odds for each playoff spot, but the odds if the Odds of the Blue Jays are 50 % to be the 1 seed, and Mariners are 30 % of making the 2 seed, thats a 15 % chance of M's going to Toronto. I'd bet its somewhat closer to that.
Still small. If I was on and airplane and there was a 15% chance of it crashing I would freak the F out but not going to worry about this until it happens. Literally a roll of a dice. ~1 in 6 chance. Feel free to worry about it though. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:21 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:56 pm
He can just pitch the home game then, eff Canada. Nothing good has ever come out of Canada. What, they've got moose and hockey. Both stupid.
Rush and Dudley Do Right. C'MON MAN 😄
Gretzky and Warren Moon! lol
dt

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:02 pm

William Shatner, but maybe that's not a good thing.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:16 pm
ice99 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:08 pm
Clown colleague wearing a mask on my call:
LOL, I'd do that to avoid shaving.
:lol: Thankfully my Company is not the NY Yankees. :)

As you can see in the pic there is nobody even near him. Just bizarre. I have meetings with dozens of people every month and he is the ONLY one who does it and he ALWAYs does it.
Meh, the other day I was behind a Baby on Board minivan, who decided to drive in the left lane for miles.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:53 pm
I think we are going to blow past Toronto. We have the easiest schedule in baseball and they have the 9th toughest.

Toronto's strength of schedule kind of depends on how much stock you put in Baltimore. I don't think Baltimore is very good. Their 10 game streak came against the Rangers, Angels and the Cubs. Then they swept Texas again to start out August before taking 2-3 from Pittsburgh. Toronto and Baltimore have 13 games remaining and I think Toronto wins 7-8 of them. If you look at all of their other remaining games other than Baltimore they have a pretty balanced schedule that is probably middle of the pack.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:53 pm

Toronto's strength of schedule kind of depends on how much stock you put in Baltimore. I don't think Baltimore is very good. Their 10 game streak came against the Rangers, Angels and the Cubs. Then they swept Texas again to start out August before taking 2-3 from Pittsburgh. Toronto and Baltimore have 13 games remaining and I think Toronto wins 7-8 of them. If you look at all of their other remaining games other than Baltimore they have a pretty balanced schedule that is probably middle of the pack.
Still, it is far tougher than our 30th ranked schedule. If we don't pass them something will have to have gone wrong.
dt