Tatis

2 choices 1. was 340M a wise choice in hindsight? Would you trade for Tatis JP + 3/5 top 5 spects

Poll ended at Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:33 am

1 yes
7%
1. No
43%
2. yes
14%
3. no
36%

Total votes: 14

Pharmabro

Tatis

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:33 am

The dude got injured riding bikes not once but twice now. I guess he covered up the 1st time. And now, after Preller goes all-in to run out a contends over this and to some extent next Tatis removes himself from the end of this year and beginning of next. Tatis signed the 340M dollar contract. And it does not sound like anyone in the Padres F.O is too pleased with this guy's maturity level.

And would anybody be interested in trading for Tatis in the offseason?

I am proposing something like JP + 3/5 top 5 and 2 more out of the top 20. the trade calc has him at 219.6M today I wonder what it will be once it adjusts for the next 1/2 season out, and has he been a roider all-along. Not to mention the injury was all Malik McD on the bikes X2.

Pharmabro

Re: Tatis

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:16 am

I doubt the Padres are pissed enough to trade him but they could sweep in for Judge and trade for a package with a high upside arm MLB ready Hancock. A superior athlete and bat at catcher Ford. Another quality arm in Miller. JP looks like a 4WAR player and there continues to be signs that the bat is developing.

Now the amount of time Tatis is out is strange: He has not played in 2022. He is recovering from the 3-month-long estimate for his broken wrist from the motorcycle accident. I am pretty sure they don't start the 80 games until he is cleared to play and he has played in 4 rehab games. Does the suspension start today? If so he will miss the 1st 48 games of 2023. That is taking away 1.3 years in a row from self-inflicted damage. Not to mention even before this he had developed a bad habit of dislocating his shoulder 5 times in one calendar year with some positing that he may need shoulder surgery to correct the issue. So a young super star on a mega contract who has serious injury concerns, serious decision-making concerns but is a 24 year old in 2023 with a 12 year 232M contract

He is a West coast guy. The Padres Park is one of the pitcher parks as well so it is pretty comparable between the Giants/Padres and Oakland/Seattle pitcher parks.

And here is my roster nation: (2023)
1. Julio 140 OPS+ R CF
2. France 145 OPS+ R 1B
3. Tatis 160 OPS+ R SS
4. Winker 125 OPS+ L OF/DH
5. Saurez 115 OPS+ R 3B
6. Cal 110 OPS+ SH C
7. Lewis 112 career OPS+ R DH ( Could be Haniger if resigned) But still got Taylor and Mitch as options
8. Taylor T 125 OPS+ L OF
9. Sam I AM HAGGERTY! 2B SH 162 OPS+ ( you can't have slow runners at 8 and 9 in front of Julio

With that lineup
Super Ut Moore R
C Murphy R
OF JK? L
If you resign Haniger you can have a power Righty off the bench in Lewis or L in Taylor

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:31 am

I would stay away from Tatis. He isn't worth the headache and if they can, the Padres should void the contract based on the motorcycle accident. I'm sure that would be litigated in court though, so who knows what the plan is. But they have to be looking on that contract as a giant mistake at this point.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:54 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:31 am
I would stay away from Tatis. He isn't worth the headache and if they can, the Padres should void the contract based on the motorcycle accident. I'm sure that would be litigated in court though, so who knows what the plan is. But they have to be looking on that contract as a giant mistake at this point.
Far FAR away!!!

The guy cheated, plain and simple. I don't want that in our organization.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220813-091726_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-091744_Twitter.jpg

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:30 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:54 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:31 am
Far FAR away!!!

The guy cheated, plain and simple. I don't want that in our organization.
In other countries it is perfectly legal to go up to a pharmacist and just ask for meds. In Thailand for example it is legal for a body builder type to just walk in and ask for a perscription for Baye rbrand steroid and to walk out with the product. It is in the rhealm of possibility that someone told him that when they got ring-worm that they went and got clobetasol and when Fernando or one of his handlers went in to the pharmacy and they saw an athlete mumbling out clo- clo - clo ----mmmph stol that they looked and went OOOOOOOOOOOOh. I think I know what you want!