Re: Time to KIRB(Y) our lousy offense G.T 9/22/22

Post by desbcoach » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 pm
bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:39 pm
ice99 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:28 pm

Too much money to be tied up on 36 yo Abreu, imo.
They could add Abreu for the dollars they save from getting rid of Marco and Flexen.

They've been penny pinching for years now.

On a one or two year contract, it shouldn't be a hindrance to any other signings.

They could fix this lineup pretty cheap even adding two mid-size contracts, doesn't need to be Abreu.

Adding Josh Bell, Bryan Reynolds, Carlos Rodon and Christian Walker would hardly raise our current payroll.

Walker and Bell are basically like adding another 2 Ty Frances to the lineup.

Reynolds LF
Julio CF
Suarez 3B
Bell 1B
France 2B
Walker DH
Raleigh/Murphy C
Kelenic/Lewis RF
Crawford SS

UTIL
Moore/Haggerty/Lewis

Castillo
Rodon
Gilbert
Ray
Kirby

That's a division contender, especially with our bullpen. There aren't many true impact bats available outside of Judge, but the above lineup is incredibly deep with plenty of everything.
All looks good but Lewis is hitting .246 in AAA. I have completely written him off.
Always free to dream

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 pm
bpj wrote:
ice99 wrote:

They could add Abreu for the dollars they save from getting rid of Marco and Flexen.

On a one or two year contract, it shouldn't be a hindrance to any other signings.

They could fix this lineup pretty cheap even adding two mid-size contracts, doesn't need to be Abreu.

Adding Josh Bell, Bryan Reynolds, Carlos Rodon and Christian Walker would hardly raise our current payroll.

Reynolds LF
Julio CF
Suarez 3B
Bell 1B
France 2B
Walker DH
Raleigh/Murphy C
Kelenic/Lewis RF
Crawford SS

UTIL
Moore/Haggerty/Lewis

Castillo
Rodon
Gilbert
Ray
Kirby

That's a division contender, especially with our bullpen. There aren't many true impact bats available outside of Judge, but the above lineup is incredibly deep with plenty of everything.
All looks good but Lewis is hitting .246 in AAA. I have completely written him off.
Yeah, I'd have him and Kelenic in the same bucket as far as that's concerned.

That's why they can have one spot to figure it out. Maybe one of them doesn't suck by the trade deadline, otherwise, trade for an outfielder, but at least the rest of the lineup is pretty settled (and good).

Winker needs a change of scenery trade.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:12 pm

Abreau disappointed in his season
.“THIS PROBABLY HASN’T BEEN MY BEST SEASON, BUT I STILL BELIEVE IN THE THINGS I CAN DO AND HOW I CAN PERFORM. I KNOW I CAN PERFORM AT A REALLY HIGH LEVEL.”

HE CONTINUED WITH HIS ASSESSMENT BY ADDING, “MY STATS, ESPECIALLY MY RBIS AND HOMERS, AREN’T WHERE I WANT THEM TO BE. AND I THINK I COULD HAVE DONE MORE FOR THIS TEAM.”

harmony

Post by harmony » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:13 pm

bpj wrote:
ice99 wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:06 pm

I am on the fence with Abreau. His stats are really weird this year. His power is gone but he is hitting .308. It's like he turned into Ichiro. I really wouldn't want him manning a power position like DH or 1B if he can't hit 30+ bombs anymore. The bonus is he can be had without a long term contract I think 2 years 40 Million with a third year option would be about market value on him.

Reynolds LF
Julio CF
Suarez 3B
Bell 1B
France 2B
Walker DH
Raleigh/Murphy C
Kelenic/Lewis RF
Crawford SS

UTIL
Moore/Haggerty/Lewis

Castillo
Rodon
Gilbert
Ray
Kirby

Whom do the Mariners trade for Bryan Reynolds and Christian Walker?

What are the expected returns on trades of Marco Gonzales and Chris Flexen, who have a combined trade value of a negative $11.6 million at Baseball Trade Values ?

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/478/

Wish lists are fine but concrete proposals are more meaningful.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:28 pm

Walker is only worth $1.1M so should be able to pull that off straight up for Flexen who is also worth $1M. Throw in a mid level prospect to finish the deal.

I noticed that Ketel Marte is at -$34.7M :shock:

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/498/

Will have to pay some of Marco's salary and would like get a lottery pick prospect back for him.

Here is your Reynolds trade:
tv54.JPG
tv54.JPG (33.75 KiB) Viewed 323 times
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm

Isn't Pittsburgh going to want prospects?

harmony

Post by harmony » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:28 pm
Walker is only worth $1.1M so should be able to pull that off straight up for Flexen who is also worth $1M. Throw in a mid level prospect to finish the deal.

Will have to pay some of Marco's salary and would like get a lottery pick prospect back for him.

tv54.JPG
Will the Pirates trade Bryan Reynolds and take on salary?

Reynolds is scheduled to earn $6.75 million next year while J.P. Crawford earns $11 million and Diego Castillo gets an arbitration raise off his 2022 salary of $2.15 million.

Let's return to reality.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:32 pm
Isn't Pittsburgh going to want prospects?
Brash and Murffee have just graduated. Better than prospects with no Big league experience. Castillo is cheap and under control for years. Might have to give then another prospect rather than JP but they might like the fact he is in his prime and has a reasonable contract.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm

harmony wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:13 pm
bpj wrote:
ice99 wrote:

Reynolds LF
Julio CF
Suarez 3B
Bell 1B
France 2B
Walker DH
Raleigh/Murphy C
Kelenic/Lewis RF
Crawford SS

UTIL
Moore/Haggerty/Lewis

Castillo
Rodon
Gilbert
Ray
Kirby

Whom do the Mariners trade for Bryan Reynolds and Christian Walker?

What are the expected returns on trades of Marco Gonzales and Chris Flexen, who have a combined trade value of a negative $11.6 million at Baseball Trade Values ?

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/478/

Wish lists are fine but concrete proposals are more meaningful.
The expected returns are $14M in payroll saved by trading them for a bag of balls, and an open rotation spot.

Fill the rotation spot with another great pitcher (using the money saved on Marco and Flexen), then it opens up several trade possibilities for Reynolds.

Hancock+ seems like a good start to the package for 3 years of Reynolds control when we would have a full rotation after we add Rodon.

If it's hard to get bats to sign here, have to maximize pitching and trade from that depth to get the bats.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:50 pm

harmony wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:28 pm

tv54.JPG
Will the Pirates trade Bryan Reynolds and take on salary?

Reynolds is scheduled to earn $6.75 million next year while J.P. Crawford earns $11 million and Diego Castillo gets an arbitration raise off his 2022 salary of $2.15 million.

Let's return to reality.
Oh I'm sorry I thought these trade values were reality???? You certainly wouldn't quote and post something that you didn't have full confidence in would you??? Or are we now allowed to sanity check things like trade values and projections when they screw up our narrative? lol
dt