2B trade proposal

D-train

Re: 2B trade proposal

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:23 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:17 pm
I am not in-on Espinal.

His early numbers look like Ketel's but Ketel is 3" taller and you can't expect every guys that hits 1 or 2 in his 1st year or 2 to be a 30 HR hitter.
Yeah I don't get the allure at all. Just an average player that could turn into Frazier with us.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:23 pm
Pharmabro wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:17 pm
I am not in-on Espinal.

His early numbers look like Ketel's but Ketel is 3" taller and you can't expect every guys that hits 1 or 2 in his 1st year or 2 to be a 30 HR hitter.
Yeah I don't get the allure at all. Just an average player that could turn into Frazier with us.
It's kind of weird that Corey Brock picked him for a trade proposal. There's literally nothing about him that would make you think he's about to break out. He's like Shed Long, basically.

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 am

Ok. So this is interesting. The Reds just traded SS Kyle Farmer to the Twins. The Twins have a loaded infield now - Farmer, Royce Lewis and Jorge Polanco - all of whom can play either SS and/or 2B.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statu ... gr%5Etweet

Not only that but they have a boatload of SS and/or 2B prospects coming down the pike.

They don’t have a stud at 1B as far as I can tell, but they have Arraez there - likely because of his bad legs - instead of 2B.

I am wondering if this trade makes Arraez a little more expendable. Might the Twins be willing to move him? Might Arraez be a solid “get” for the M’s at 2B?

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:27 am

Big_Maple wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 am
Ok. So this is interesting. The Reds just traded SS Kyle Farmer to the Twins. The Twins have a loaded infield now - Farmer, Royce Lewis and Jorge Polanco - all of whom can play either SS and/or 2B.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statu ... gr%5Etweet

Not only that but they have a boatload of SS and/or 2B prospects coming down the pike.

They don’t have a stud at 1B as far as I can tell, but they have Arraez there - likely because of his bad legs - instead of 2B.

I am wondering if this trade makes Arraez a little more expendable. Might the Twins be willing to move him? Might Arraez be a solid “get” for the M’s at 2B?
If Minnesota has Arraez at 1st because of his bad legs, what makes you think the M's would play him at 2nd?