Felix's last stand

D-train

Felix's last stand

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Looks like he is on for Saturday night.
Erstwhile Mariners ace Felix Hernandez toed the rubber for the Tacoma Rainiers on Monday night and it shouldn’t be long before he’s donning a Seattle uni once again, according to a report from Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. Hernandez, out since May 12th with a lat-strain, threw 69 pitches and was largely effective in Tacoma, utilizing an 88-90 mph fastball to limit the Salt Lake Bees to one run over three-plus innings pitched. Indications are that the living legend would slide into the M’s rotation come Saturday, which would end the weeks-long four-man rotation dance that manager Scott Servais has had to orchestrate since the club’s trade of Mike Leake at the MLB trade deadline. For what it’s worth, Hernandez is looking at this return as a moment to savor, saying: “It’s going to be my last year. I don’t know what’s going to happen next year so I need to go out there and show them that I still love the fans and still love Seattle.”
dt

Captain 97

Re: Felix's last stand

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm

That quote makes it sound like he is planning on hanging them up.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm
That quote makes it sound like he is planning on hanging them up.
If he is still terrible, I would think he would.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:08 pm

I think what he is saying is this is his last year as a Mariner, whether he can catch on with another club remains to be seen, and that would depend on pitching well the rest of the season

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm

If he's halfway serviceable the rest of the season, like 5.00 ERA, I predict Mariners sign him for another year (or more). They're not done milking every last drop of Felix nostalgia, and they're going to need something like that next season to keep the seats from getting too dusty.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:08 pm
I think what he is saying is this is his last year as a Mariner, whether he can catch on with another club remains to be seen, and that would depend on pitching well the rest of the season
He'll go win another cy young with the Astros somehow...
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Yep, last stand as in last chance to prove himself. If Custer hadn't lost the last battle he would have had another stand.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Millikin wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm
If he's halfway serviceable the rest of the season, like 5.00 ERA, I predict Mariners sign him for another year (or more). They're not done milking every last drop of Felix nostalgia, and they're going to need something like that next season to keep the seats from getting too dusty.
No way in hell.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Yep, last stand as in last chance to prove himself. If Custer hadn't lost the last battle he would have had another stand.
ok, "hanging it up" to me means retiring, Custer wasn't interested in retiring, i doubt Felix is either

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm
Millikin wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm
No way in hell.
yeah, i think that bridge has been burned, he doesn't sound happy with how he has been treated by the franchise, doubt anybody is interested in nostalgia tours