Re: Rookie of the Year

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:35 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:33 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:24 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:29 am
The one writer that didn't vote for Julio. Good on him for coming clean with an explanation:
Julio better, just would be punished for playing a different position. That's why I hate using WAR. If Julio played 1B instead of CF with the same offensive numbers, he'd still deserve ROY because he was that much better than everyone offensively, even if the WAR numbers didn't match up. It's not the "rookie who gives the best value to his team because of the position he plays" award.
You're literally complaining that 1 person had a different opinion.
I'm speaking in general terms. I just don't like looking at WAR for an award like this.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:47 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:35 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

Julio better, just would be punished for playing a different position. That's why I hate using WAR. If Julio played 1B instead of CF with the same offensive numbers, he'd still deserve ROY because he was that much better than everyone offensively, even if the WAR numbers didn't match up. It's not the "rookie who gives the best value to his team because of the position he plays" award.
I'm speaking in general terms. I just don't like looking at WAR for an award like this.
Your guy won almost unanimously. The one guy that voted differently presented a perfectly cogent case for why he voted that way.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:52 am

D-train wrote:
The one writer that didn't vote for Julio. Good on him for coming clean with an explanation:
I went to see the process. He has some pretty decent points and I could see any one of us making the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:13 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:47 am
Juliooooo wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

Your guy won almost unanimously. The one guy that voted differently presented a perfectly cogent case for why he voted that way.
And I'm simply voicing my opinion that the position you play shouldn't be a factor that makes you ignore nearly everything else. In not mad that he had a different opinion, I just have one of my own. Is that a problem, or am I not allowed to voice an opinion?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:50 pm

This thread OBVIOUSLY warranted.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 pm

They just interviewed this joker on KJR. Puckett just totally ripped into the guy and Jim Moore was like this is awkward. :lol: It was pretty funny.

The guy didn't present anything compelling The crux of his argument seems to be that Adley being a Catcher overrides the fact that Julio was a better hitter across the board.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:31 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
D-train wrote:
His weaker argument was that Adley turned the O's around. Unlike MVP there shouldn't be any impact on team component for ROY. Not to mention we wouldn't have come close to the playoffs without Julio.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:34 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 pm
They just interviewed this joker on KJR. Puckett just totally ripped into the guy and Jim Moore was like this is awkward. :lol: It was pretty funny.

The guy didn't present anything compelling The crux of his argument seems to be that Adley being a Catcher overrides the fact that Julio was a better hitter across the board.
The radio version of click bait. Who cares about that guy and his one vote. Will be forgotten the second we make our first deal or by the weekend, which ever comes first.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:34 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 pm

The radio version of click bait. Who cares about that guy and his one vote. Will be forgotten the second we make our first deal or by the weekend, which ever comes first.
While I enjoyed listening to it. I generally don't care for the Puck and Jim Show but that interview was entertaining.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:37 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:

If he used WAR, he would have gone with Julio:
dt