bpj

Re: Trade!!!

Post by bpj » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:20 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:33 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:00 am
Seems pretty realistic
. right now I feel like one through five or one through six in our lineup, we can stack up with just about anybody, and we want to continue to go further. Some of that’s going to happen with the maturation of younger players within our house, and some of it’s going to be with opportunities that may arise in the next few months.”
Except that this is bullshit.
Hey, got me wondering-

Mariners with 2022 wRC+

Julio 146
France 127
Suarez 131
Hernandez 129
Raleigh 121

Average wRC+ for the top 5 is 130.8

Dylan Moore and Tom Murphy could each make a case for the 6 spot.

The Astros playoff lineup by comparison:

Altuve 164
Pena 102
Alvarez 185
Bregman 136
Tucker 129

Average is 143.2

Phillies playoff lineup:

Schwarber 128
Hoskins 122
Realmuto 128
Harper 138
Castellanos 94

Average is 122

We're not the best out there, but he's probably right, that we can hang with the best of them at the top of our lineup. They just still need to add a few bats in the 6-9 spots to make us deeper than the rest.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:38 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:20 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:00 am
Seems pretty realistic

Hey, got me wondering-

Mariners with 2022 wRC+

Julio 146
France 127
Suarez 131
Hernandez 129
Raleigh 121

Altuve 164
Pena 102
Alvarez 185
Bregman 136
Tucker 129

Average is 143.2

Phillies playoff lineup:

Schwarber 128
Hoskins 122
Realmuto 128
Harper 138
Castellanos 94

Average is 122

We're not the best out there, but he's probably right, that we can hang with the best of them at the top of our lineup. They just still need to add a few bats in the 6-9 spots to make us deeper than the rest.
If they do go out and get Wong, then I feel that it would be necessary to go out and get "two" more significant bats. One could be Yoshida, the other Haniger, Nimmo or Conforto. I'm not entirely sure what the plan is with Winker or Kelenic, but I'm sure as hell not going to Spring Training with two locked in as my LF and DH.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:51 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:38 am
bpj wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Hey, got me wondering-

Mariners with 2022 wRC+

Julio 146
France 127
Suarez 131
Hernandez 129
Raleigh 121

Altuve 164
Pena 102
Alvarez 185
Bregman 136
Tucker 129

Average is 143.2

Phillies playoff lineup:

Schwarber 128
Hoskins 122
Realmuto 128
Harper 138
Castellanos 94

Average is 122

If they do go out and get Wong, then I feel that it would be necessary to go out and get "two" more significant bats. One could be Yoshida, the other Haniger, Nimmo or Conforto. I'm not entirely sure what the plan is with Winker or Kelenic, but I'm sure as hell not going to Spring Training with two locked in as my LF and DH.
Would certainly be ideal if they upgrade all open positions regardless. Wong instead of a $30M free agent leaves resources available to do that.

Wong makes sense because the cost is $10M compared to $30M for a Bogaerts, which leaves them that $20M to spread around on LF and DH.

They could add Wong, Bryan Reynolds and Christian Walker and still have $10M left over compared to just signing Bogaerts.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:19 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:51 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
bpj wrote:

Hey, got me wondering-

Mariners with 2022 wRC+

Julio 146
France 127
Suarez 131
Hernandez 129
Raleigh 121

Altuve 164
Pena 102
Alvarez 185
Bregman 136
Tucker 129

Average is 143.2

Phillies playoff lineup:

Schwarber 128
Hoskins 122
Realmuto 128
Harper 138
Castellanos 94

Average is 122

Would certainly be ideal if they upgrade all open positions regardless. Wong instead of a $30M free agent leaves resources available to do that.

Wong makes sense because the cost is $10M compared to $30M for a Bogaerts, which leaves them that $20M to spread around on LF and DH.

They could add Wong, Bryan Reynolds and Christian Walker and still have $10M left over compared to just signing Bogaerts.
Question is, how much of the farm do you have to sacrifice to nab all 3 of those players? Bryan Reynolds alone is gonna cost more than Castillo. I doubt Jarred Kelenic and say Emerson Hancock get it done. Whatever a fair value deal is for Reynolds, you can almost bet Pitt is gonna ask for more.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:25 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:19 am
bpj wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Question is, how much of the farm do you have to sacrifice to nab all 3 of those players? Bryan Reynolds alone is gonna cost more than Castillo. I doubt Jarred Kelenic and say Emerson Hancock get it done. Whatever a fair value deal is for Reynolds, you can almost bet Pitt is gonna ask for more.
My guess is Wong=Flexen.
Marco+$6M or a prospect=Christian Walker

And Hancock+Kelenic is a great start to a package for Reynolds. He's coming off a down year and has a year less of control now. It's probably going to take another solid piece or two, but we do have the depth to trade from, especially if they turn around and add a 5th starter like Senga.

If we have Castillo/Ray/Gilbert/Kirby/Senga all locked up for years, then the guys behind them are prime trade bait, as they should be.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:45 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:25 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
bpj wrote:

My guess is Wong=Flexen.

And Hancock+Kelenic is a great start to a package for Reynolds. He's coming off a down year and has a year less of control now. It's probably going to take another solid piece or two, but we do have the depth to trade from, especially if they turn around and add a 5th starter like Senga.

If we have Castillo/Ray/Gilbert/Kirby/Senga all locked up for years, then the guys behind them are prime trade bait, as they should be.
If you could do all of that without touching Harry Ford, Cole, Young, Gabriel Gonzales, and Lazaro Montes, then sign me up yesterday!

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:52 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:45 am
bpj wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

My guess is Wong=Flexen.

If you could do all of that without touching Harry Ford, Cole, Young, Gabriel Gonzales, and Lazaro Montes, then sign me up yesterday!
The only guy that would cost top prospects imo is Reynolds, and the Pirates are likely to want guys that can step in soon and be a part of their current rebuild like Hancock.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:00 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:52 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:45 am
bpj wrote:

My guess is Wong=Flexen.

The only guy that would cost top prospects imo is Reynolds, and the Pirates are likely to want guys that can step in soon and be a part of their current rebuild like Hancock.
I could see us having to add ad a Miller or Dollard in the deal as well. It'd be painful. It'd be a toss-up for me. Reynolds or Yoshida(keep you're prospects).

I haven't done any research on Walker, but I've seen multiple multiple M's fans lobbying for him. So I'll just have to take everyone's word on him. How good can be for a straight swap of Marco(just looked him up....he put up 5 1 WAR last season compared to Gonzales' -0.1!!!!). I think it'd cost a lot more to get a player like Walker than just Marco. But then again, we did get Teoscar for a lot cheaper haul than I imagined.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Here is about what it would take for Reynolds. We could trade every top prospect and still be short. TV has a limit of 6 players so I couldn't add more.
tv 28.JPG
tv 28.JPG (34.8 KiB) Viewed 300 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Forget about Reynolds unless you want to trade a Kirby or Gilbert.
dt