Trade!!!

MarinerFan4Life

Re: Trade!!!

Post by MarinerFan4Life » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:49 pm

I'd be concerned about emptying the farm much more, pitching quickly becomes a concern if we trade all our candidates for the 5th spot and fail to sign Senga, who is our #5 and where is our depth when one of them gets hurt?

I'm on board with trading Marco and Flexen, just not more than that unless we have another starter signed first.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:18 pm
Here is about what it would take for Reynolds. We could trade every top prospect and still be short. TV has a limit of 6 players so I couldn't add more.

tv 28.JPG
I don't believe that's true. MLBTV undervalues our current stock of prospects IMO.

You're gonna tell me Emerson Hancock was only worth $1 million more in surplus than Adam Macko?

As I mentioned before, the Reds traded Sonny Gray for a pitcher MINN drafted late in the first round. They had Gray with a surplus of $28.3 million. The kid they got had a value of $4.8 million.

Teams assign a much larger value to ultra young, highly talented prospects than MLBTV does. MLBTV gets to boast about this 95% accuracy bullshit because players like this rarely get traded.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:15 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Here is about what it would take for Reynolds. We could trade every top prospect and still be short. TV has a limit of 6 players so I couldn't add more.

tv 28.JPG
I don't believe that's true. MLBTV undervalues our current stock of prospects IMO.

You're gonna tell me Emerson Hancock was only worth $1 million more in surplus than Adam Macko?

As I mentioned before, the Reds traded Sonny Gray for a pitcher MINN drafted late in the first round. They had Gray with a surplus of $28.3 million. The kid they got had a value of $4.8 million.

Teams assign a much larger value to ultra young, highly talented prospects than MLBTV does. MLBTV gets to boast about this 95% accuracy bullshit because players like this rarely get traded.
Perhaps but it will take A LOT more than what some are projecting. Probably 2 of our top 5 and 1 of our 6-10.
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:15 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
D-train wrote:

tv 28.JPG

Perhaps but it will take A LOT more than what some are projecting. Probably 2 of our top 5 and 1 of our 6-10.
Oh sure.

My favorite on Twitter is... "Go get Bryan Reynolds... Flexen + Trammell + Torrens?" Gets it done right?

I'm trying to figure out why Cade Marlowe is so low on the prospect lists. Ya he's 25, but how many guys are out there putting up 20 homers, 100 RBI's and 40 stolen bases across a season in the minors?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:15 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Oh sure.

My favorite on Twitter is... "Go get Bryan Reynolds... Flexen + Trammell + Torrens?" Gets it done right?

I'm trying to figure out why Cade Marlowe is so low on the prospect lists. Ya he's 25, but how many guys are out there putting up 20 homers, 100 RBI's and 40 stolen bases across a season in the minors?
Its because he is a 20th round pick. These lazy fuckers can't part with their pedigree nonsense and refuse to admit the original assessment just prior to the draft can possibly be wrong.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:04 pm

dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:39 am

I'm definitely on the Senga & Yoshida train. My lord the moves we could make from there. I'm telling you you add those 2 without having to mortgage any of your top guys. I'd say the top trade target after that would be:

1. Walker (wouldn't probably cost either if you can help it)

2. One of Torres or Wong (right now leaning towards Wong, his WRC was 35 points higher then Frazier)

LF - Yoshida

CF - Julio

RF - Teoscar

3B - Suarez

SS - JP

2B - Wong/Torres

1B - France

DH - Walker

C - Raleigh

SP1 - Castillo
SP2 - Gilbert
SP3 - Kirby
SP4 - Ray
SP5 - Senga

How many of you on this board this that is a realistic idea. Your literally not giving away any premium talent. Jerry doesn't like spending big on FA, but this isn't FA. The cost would be probably less then half of what it would take to land 1 of the top SS's. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm definitely riding the Senga/Yoshida train. ALL ABOARD!!!!!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:26 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:46 pm

My Priorities are (Players also in order of preference)
5. 5th starter Verlander, Rodon, Bassit...
yeah i think i could live with a rotation having Verlander as a 5th starter :D

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:36 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:51 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:38 am
bpj wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:20 am

Hey, got me wondering-

Mariners with 2022 wRC+

Julio 146
France 127
Suarez 131
Hernandez 129
Raleigh 121

Average wRC+ for the top 5 is 130.8

Dylan Moore and Tom Murphy could each make a case for the 6 spot.

The Astros playoff lineup by comparison:

Altuve 164
Pena 102
Alvarez 185
Bregman 136
Tucker 129

Average is 143.2

Phillies playoff lineup:

Schwarber 128
Hoskins 122
Realmuto 128
Harper 138
Castellanos 94

Average is 122

We're not the best out there, but he's probably right, that we can hang with the best of them at the top of our lineup. They just still need to add a few bats in the 6-9 spots to make us deeper than the rest.
If they do go out and get Wong, then I feel that it would be necessary to go out and get "two" more significant bats. One could be Yoshida, the other Haniger, Nimmo or Conforto. I'm not entirely sure what the plan is with Winker or Kelenic, but I'm sure as hell not going to Spring Training with two locked in as my LF and DH.
Would certainly be ideal if they upgrade all open positions regardless. Wong instead of a $30M free agent leaves resources available to do that.

Wong makes sense because the cost is $10M compared to $30M for a Bogaerts, which leaves them that $20M to spread around on LF and DH.

They could add Wong, Bryan Reynolds and Christian Walker and still have $10M left over compared to just signing Bogaerts.
What are the odds of pulling off just the Walker & Wong trades minus Reynolds. That's still an improvement. DH + 2B, both left handed with pop. I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. If your able to swing both those mid level type deals then figure a way to snatch up Senga oh boy. Makes me laugh when teams say their best players not available. Umm hello its the Pirates they haven't been competitive in a long time nor do they plan to be in the near future. Might as well deal him & restock the farm as best you can.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:00 am

There's not been any indication of trade talks for Christian Walker or Bryan Reynolds. With Reynolds, especially, the Pirates have been pretty consistent that they aren't trading him, though I suppose they might consider it again at mid-season. You can argue all you want that they should trade him because of logical reasons, but they seem to think otherwise.

And on Walker, I don't think there's been a peep anywhere except maybe from some bullshit blogs like Sodo that just make stuff up.