Competitive balance draft pick

desbcoach

Competitive balance draft pick

Post by desbcoach » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:08 am

So is the 1st competitive round pick for Julio ROY or do,we get the 22,29 and 30th? This would provide a bonus pool of 11.3mil based on 2022 figures which would have bee. The 6th most money to spend in draft, the Comp A pick is tradeable as well
0CC44C8C-BBF5-421F-8E33-DB2E1C4FC5E2.png
Last edited by desbcoach on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pharmabro

Re: Competitive balance draft pick

Post by Pharmabro » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:49 am

Holy Shikes I believe you are right.
I don't know if we get #29 or #35 but that makes 3 picks in the top 37 or so. Losing a 1st would hurt.

It might make for a wise decision to go for another trade. And go for one of the non pick losers. Which is one of the reasons in most of my plans to get Abreu on board.

If that comes to pass the combination of F. Celestin, and 3 1st rounders should restock the system.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:57 am

Somebody else tweet
66083AC3-ED92-4424-95D2-A1B0D1A9541B.png

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:01 am

Holy shit balls!!!

That's freaking awesome if true!!!
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm

I have been looking but can not find anything more, LL called it a competing balance pick as well seeming we will have the 22,29, and 30th pick in draft. Giving up,30th for a FA may be hard for Dipoto to do. Lots of money to spend on draft if that is the case as well

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Competitive balance picks are not in the second round nor are they in the third round. The picks which are subject to forfeiture are either the second or third round picks depending on the whether the team gets competitive funding as a small market club or doesn't. I don't know where you're pulling this crap about having to give up the comp bal rd a pick, I mean they are getting that pick to improve competitive balance around the league, why would the league then take it away?

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:56 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:39 pm
Competitive balance picks are not in the second round nor are they in the third round. The picks which are subject to forfeiture are either the second or third round picks depending on the whether the team gets competitive funding as a small market club or doesn't. I don't know where you're pulling this crap about having to give up the comp bal rd a pick, I mean they are getting that pick to improve competitive balance around the league, why would the league then take it away?
I thought you surrender your third highest pick if you sign a FA which would be the 30th pick being we will have 21 , 29(roy) and comp A at 30.
So that is where the Crap come from

Revenue Sharing Recipients: Diamondbacks, Orioles, Reds, Guardians, Rockies, Tigers, Royals, Marlins, Brewers, Twins, Athletics, Pirates, Mariners, Rays

These 14 teams received revenue sharing and did not exceed the competitive balance tax. If one of these teams signs a qualified free agent, it forfeits its third-highest pick. These teams face the smallest draft pick penalty. The Twins and Mariners are realistic possibilities to sign a qualified free agent, while the Orioles and a few other revenue sharing recipients may lurk as dark horses

PS don’t be a Dick especially when wrong

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:03 pm

One source (I don't remember where sorry) said you don't give up Comp balance picks, but they factor in to the top 3 picks, so their comp pick (picks) mean they give up their 2nd time instead of their 3rd.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:03 pm
One source (I don't remember where sorry) said you don't give up Comp balance picks, but they factor in to the top 3 picks, so their comp pick (picks) mean they give up their 2nd time instead of their 3rd.
Article Incopied and pasted from MLB rumor site didn’t mention, comp picks but obviously this would be a different position then in last with the ROY pick at 29 and then comp pick. Maybe they lose a 2nd rounder. I don’t know was just going by the straight wording of article

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:22 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:39 pm
Where did you see that it is second or third round? Everything I've seen states a team would lose their third pick without any asterisks.

It doesn't say third round pick anywhere I've seen. It just days third pick.

The league may not have anticipated teams getting those comp/ROY picks and causing this confusion, but I haven't seen it spelled out anywhere that it's anything other than a "teams third pick", which in our case, would apparently be the #30 pick.

It makes a lot more sense for it to be the "third round" pick, bit they didn't use that verbiage from anything I can see. It just days "third pick".