M's get Wong for Winker and Toro!!

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: M's get Wong for Winker and Toro!!

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:23 pm

https://twitter.com/ryandivish/status/1 ... 96jL8Cns2A

Hopefully Winker will pass his physical and Toro burns the comprising photos of Jerry in drag

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:55 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:23 pm

Hopefully Winker will pass his physical and Toro burns the comprising photos of Jerry in drag
Jay!
I tried sending you a private message twice. It just sits there in the outbox.
The Zelle didn't work. It kicked back to me.
Do you maybe have another number or email for that works with your bank?
Thanks. Chad.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:41 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:58 am
Look at the bigger picture. What is the Mariners need? A big bat. What position did they have open prior to the deal? 2B. So they were stuck having to overpay for a middle infield impact bat, one of four total.

Post deal? Dipoto moved Winkers production to 2B. Mariners biggest need is still an impact bat, but what position do they need it at? DH/OF/1B - where there's 10 times the number of available bats than infield.

It's a really smart way of shifting the playing field.

By moving Winker we can bring in a Josh Bell to be DH or sign Nimmo to play LF. We could even bring back Haniger to play OF and DH. There are many ways to improve on last years lineup.
You know how I feel about Haniger but I guess if they bring him back he either sucks or gets injured and I am right or he produces and I am wrong but happy. Just too much risk imo given all the other options. He should be plan F imo.

A Nimmo
B Reynolds
D Yoshida
E Conforto
F Mitch
Man we get Nimmo and another reliever I'll consider this a very decent offseason.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:55 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

Jay!
Thanks. Chad.
I will text him for you Chad.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:45 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:55 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

Jay!
Thanks. Chad.
Sorry Bud. I have used Zelle one time for a Cuban friend and it worked. For some reason I can’t get it going. I will pm you. We are crazy busy with snow plowing lately 20 hrs non stop in a plow truck and the daily in a front end loader moving snow piles lol

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:27 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:41 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:58 am
Look at the bigger picture. What is the Mariners need? A big bat. What position did they have open prior to the deal? 2B. So they were stuck having to overpay for a middle infield impact bat, one of four total.

Post deal? Dipoto moved Winkers production to 2B. Mariners biggest need is still an impact bat, but what position do they need it at? DH/OF/1B - where there's 10 times the number of available bats than infield.

It's a really smart way of shifting the playing field.

By moving Winker we can bring in a Josh Bell to be DH or sign Nimmo to play LF. We could even bring back Haniger to play OF and DH. There are many ways to improve on last years lineup.
You know how I feel about Haniger but I guess if they bring him back he either sucks or gets injured and I am right or he produces and I am wrong but happy. Just too much risk imo given all the other options. He should be plan F imo.

A Nimmo
B Reynolds
D Yoshida
E Conforto
F Mitch
Gotta be all in on those 1st 3. I call BS on Pittsburgh not wanting to move Reynolds, just like Rizzo said he didn't wanna move Soto. Gonna be an interesting 4 days boys & girls buckle up!!!!

harmony

Post by harmony » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:15 am

FanGraphs columnist Michael Baumann on the trade:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/examining-s ... ayer-dump/

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:51 am

harmony wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:15 am

This guy makes a great point about "Unlucky" and BABIP.
Because I came of baseball maturity as defense-independent pitching statistics were reaching mainstream acceptance, I look at a .198 BABIP over half a season and a part of my brain can’t help but go, “Man, Toro’s just the unluckiest guy in the world.” But he also has a .224 career BABIP in more than 900 career plate appearances. At some point it’s not a fluke. Look at his hard hit rate, or the fact that last year he had two pop-ups for every three line drives. I wouldn’t say he’s getting the bat knocked out of his hands, exactly. What I will say is the kind of big league hitter who draws that kind of criticism — Ben Revere comes to mind — is actually a much more productive hitter than Toro.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:51 am
harmony wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:15 am

This guy makes a great point about "Unlucky" and BABIP.
Because I came of baseball maturity as defense-independent pitching statistics were reaching mainstream acceptance, I look at a .198 BABIP over half a season and a part of my brain can’t help but go, “Man, Toro’s just the unluckiest guy in the world.” But he also has a .224 career BABIP in more than 900 career plate appearances. At some point it’s not a fluke. Look at his hard hit rate, or the fact that last year he had two pop-ups for every three line drives. I wouldn’t say he’s getting the bat knocked out of his hands, exactly. What I will say is the kind of big league hitter who draws that kind of criticism — Ben Revere comes to mind — is actually a much more productive hitter than Toro.
Thought you would appreciate that
. All three metrics show his 2022 campaign being at least 15 runs worse than his peak in ’18 or ’19. My view on this issue is that if Wong can post another 497 plate appearances’ worth of 116 wRC+ offense in 2023, he can go out to second with a concrete mitt for all I care. Nevertheless, it’s a concerning trend for a player whose bat hasn’t always been consistent