M's get Wong for Winker and Toro!!

HawkandMariner88

Re: M's get Wong for Winker and Toro!!

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:23 am

At this moment you do whatever you have to to acquire Reynolds from Pittsburgh without sacrificing Gilbert or Kirby.

At this moment:

Plan A) Reynolds (trade)

Plan B) Nimmo (FA)

Plan C) Masataka Yoshida (Posting)

One of these 3 should be in a M's uni come next season. It sounds like Reynolds might be too much but I'd still make inquiries & field calls, he's gotta get dealt at some point. I mean their just being stubborn they know damn well he's not signing there long term. The easiest solution is either Nimmo or Yoshida, all's that takes is money. I bet if your willing to go 6 years on Nimmo I bet you anything that gets it done. They just need somebody. I'm still of the believe they really want that big Japanese fish down in Anaheim & their just clamoring for the moment he hits the open market. I just know they gotta come away with 1 of these guys.

Was I thrilled with the Wong addition, not overly but again it is addition by subtraction.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:29 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:49 pm

I love Twitter.
So what we're saying is the possibility of the right side of the infield would be White and Wong?
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:37 am

rockycola wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:29 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I love Twitter.
So what we're saying is the possibility of the right side of the infield would be White and Wong?
Oh we're not saying anything.

They're saying very non nonsensical things lol :lol:

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:43 am

rockycola wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:29 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I love Twitter.
🤣🤣🤣

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:49 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:23 am
At this moment you do whatever you have to to acquire Reynolds from Pittsburgh without sacrificing Gilbert or Kirby.

At this moment:

Plan A) Reynolds (trade)

Plan B) Nimmo (FA)

One of these 3 should be in a M's uni come next season. It sounds like Reynolds might be too much but I'd still make inquiries & field calls, he's gotta get dealt at some point. I mean their just being stubborn they know damn well he's not signing there long term. The easiest solution is either Nimmo or Yoshida, all's that takes is money. I bet if your willing to go 6 years on Nimmo I bet you anything that gets it done. They just need somebody. I'm still of the believe they really want that big Japanese fish down in Anaheim & their just clamoring for the moment he hits the open market. I just know they gotta come away with 1 of these guys.

Was I thrilled with the Wong addition, not overly but again it is addition by subtraction.
That looks like a very realistic list, and Dipotos mindset seems to be much more in line with going after the guy making under $30M total the next three seasons instead of the guy rumored to be getting $125M.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:51 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:49 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:23 am

At this moment:

Plan A) Reynolds (trade)

Plan B) Nimmo (FA)

That looks like a very realistic list, and Dipotos mindset seems to be much more in line with going after the guy making under $30M total the next three seasons instead of the guy rumored to be getting $125M.
Do we even know what Nimmo's market is at this point? Gotta be in on the Asian players.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:13 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:26 pm
Pharmabro wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:17 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

I love Twitter.
right now you have Wong in a platoon with Haggerty/Moore

OF right now is whoever is hitting and healthy of Marlowe, JK, TT, Haggerty, Moore. and Hummel

DH Murphy, plus all those above
The point is that none of those players you listed above should answer the question at LF or DH.

Who they have "right now" should not even be in the equation for either starting spot.
What? Hell, yes what they have in-house should impact the EQ on the starting spot.
In 2022 In a Seattle uniform
Moore had a 122 OPS+
Haggerty had a 116 OPS+
TT a 99 OPS+
JK had a 55 OPS+

In 186 games as a M
Murphy has a 109 OPS+

So, yes if you bring in someone to play DH/OF/Utility/ 4th OF and call it an upgrade they better be able to demonstrate clearly and by a fair margin they are a superior player or you are just adding another person playing musical chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:15 am

Reminds me of the joke I heard today.

2 guys were running the liquor store.

One guy asks "is this whiskey?"

The other responds "yes, but not as wisky as wobbing a bank"
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 am

Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:13 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Pharmabro wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:17 pm

right now you have Wong in a platoon with Haggerty/Moore

OF right now is whoever is hitting and healthy of Marlowe, JK, TT, Haggerty, Moore. and Hummel

DH Murphy, plus all those above
The point is that none of those players you listed above should answer the question at LF or DH.

Who they have "right now" should not even be in the equation for either starting spot.
What? Hell, yes what they have in-house should impact the EQ on the starting spot.
Moore had a 122 OPS+
Haggerty had a 116 OPS+
TT a 99 OPS+
JK had a 55 OPS+

In 186 games as a M
Murphy has a 109 OPS+

So, yes if you bring in someone to play DH/OF/Utility/ 4th OF and call it an upgrade they better be able to demonstrate clearly and by a fair margin they are a superior player or you are just adding another person playing musical chairs on the deck of the Titanic.
If Tom Murphy DH's for the Mariners this season there has been a failure in roster building or a significant injury.

If Kelenic, Trammell, Moore, Haggerty are anything more than utility players on opening day there has been a significant failure in roster building.

Screw what the team has "right now."

They still need to add a significant bat that keeps the things listed above from happening. All of those players are backups.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:23 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 am
Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:13 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Moore had a 122 OPS+
Haggerty had a 116 OPS+
TT a 99 OPS+
JK had a 55 OPS+

In 186 games as a M
Murphy has a 109 OPS+

If Tom Murphy DH's for the Mariners this season there has been a failure in roster building or a significant injury.

If Kelenic, Trammell, Moore, Haggerty are anything more than utility players on opening day there has been a significant failure in roster building.

Screw what the team has "right now."

They still need to add a significant bat that keeps the things listed above from happening. All of those players are backups.
I get it. You watched WWE at some point in your life and communicate with "slap back" twitter garbage. There has been several guys that are mentioned as let's go get Drury, or X, Y, Z, PDQ. And they are not upgrades over what we have in-house. Moore had a 122 this year Drury the same so here is one pubs prediction
37. Brandon Drury Two years, $22M - Seattle Mariners

Okay, back to predictions.

The Mariners are looking to add pop to their lineup this offseason, as evidenced by a trade for OF Teoscar Hernandez.

Drury has some pop, and provides positional versatility, which the Mariners value as well.

Players like Drury will have competitive markets.

To me Drury is not any better of a bet to hit well next year than Moore. Drury has been worth 2.0 WAR in 8 years and 2.6 of it last year. Moore has 1.4 War in 2022 out of his 4.2 WAR career but has 1/2 the number of years in as Drury. There are a number of posts, articles, threads, that have guys that are not any better than in-house types.

The End.