Good piece on Cade Marlowe

D-train

Re: Good piece on Cade Marlowe

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:19 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:39 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:37 pm

Right, Marlowe is a virgin waiting in line to get into the Night Club and JK is a used and abused street walker in the alley behind the Club. Even though they are about as good looking and the virgin is a couple years older, the virgin is far more appealing.

How's that for an analogy. lol
If I ever need an analogy involving women and/or sex, you are the first guy I'll go to.
:lol:
dt

Boisehawk

Post by Boisehawk » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:45 am

I have no problem comparing CM and JK. I do have a problem if you don’t give JK more time. The kid is 22 or 23. CM wouldn’t even have been close to ready at that age. Well maybe neither is JK. I think JK might need a full year in AAA before being brought back up. He should not be brought back up until the next spring. Make him earn it this time.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Boisehawk wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:45 am
I have no problem comparing CM and JK. I do have a problem if you don’t give JK more time. The kid is 22 or 23. CM wouldn’t even have been close to ready at that age. Well maybe neither is JK. I think JK might need a full year in AAA before being brought back up. He should not be brought back up until the next spring. Make him earn it this time.
JK is not 22 or 23. It is actually impossible to be two ages at the same time. He is 23.5 years old right now which while is still young isn't younger than the dozens of 23 yo and younger players that had success in 2022. What is going to happen in AAA this time hitting shit pitching that has done NOTHING to help him in MLB????

He has had 1857 pro PAs. Marlowe has had only had 1318. Time to give a guy a chance that hasn't been a historic failure every single one of the FIVE chances he has got. Read and weep.
jk11.JPG
jk11.JPG (64.85 KiB) Viewed 200 times
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:55 pm

It’s becoming harder to watch JK flail away at the mlb level. At some point Jerry will be forced to move on when his value reaches Davey Jones locker level.
But hey let’s give him another shot is crazy given our recent success and the available options this off-season