Post by D-train » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Wow DR is stacked!
dt

bpj

Re: Reynolds requests a trade

Post by bpj » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm

harmony wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:21 pm
One year of Gold Glove winner Ian Happ, the Cub who posted 3.5 fWAR this year, would cost less than three years of Bryan Reynolds, the Pirate who posted 2.9 fWAR this year.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/tra ... de-111624/

Jerry Dipoto has probably made calls on the switch-hitting NL Central outfielders born five months apart.
Yeah, Happ would definitely cost much less, probably next to nothing. Because he's nowhere near the player Nimmo or Reynolds are.

Take Happ out of Chicago and he's an average player. Probably not even that with T-Mobile as his home park. Numbers here-

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... &sort=26,d

As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 viable options that are obvious upgrades in the OF (that are actually available)- Judge, Nimmo or Reynolds.

Anyone else we might as well roll the dice on a Trammell/Haggerty platoon.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:28 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:03 pm
Wow DR is stacked!
I'm a DR fan for this.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 am

US is pretty good to but damn.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:23 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 am
US is pretty good to but damn.
Starting pitching isn't close.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:39 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:44 pm
bpj wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:13 pm
Hancock+Miller+Kelenic is a great start.

Then, turns out, the Comp balance pick and the Julio ROY picks are tradeable.

Add one of those picks and it's a pretty competitive package imo.
JK becoming a Pirate could help him. Maybe he will hit better with a hook for on hand and a peg leg?
You left off the eye patch!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:02 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:01 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:20 pm

Yeah it would be much simpler if Nimmo will sign.

We've signed Ray and extended Castillo in the past year and haven't signed a free agent bat since Nelson Cruz apparently.

So thats easier said than done it seems. Pitchers are obviously willing to be here.

If they can get Judge or Nimmo, they obviously should do that. If they don't...

Some people say they'll want major leaguers to add to O'Neil Cruz, others say they want minor leaguers who are close.

One way or another we could pull it off with our pitching depth, especially if we add a free agent SP.
I love the "High Roller" mentailty bpj, but it would cost $40M a year for 9-10 years just to get Judge to pass on pinstripes. Could you imagine Judge at 39 years old making $40M?! No thank you sir. Would rather go after Ohtani next year.

Ace-Ohtani
P-Kirby
P-Castillo
P-Gilbert
P-Ray

I do however like Nimmo, but then we'd be out on Ohtani next season. No my preferred choice is Michael Conforto, and then another impact (1B/DH/OF) type hitter. I'd be happy with Michael Brantley, Andrew Benintendi, Mitch Haniger, Josh Bell, or even Jurickson Profar.

I could see NY, SF, and even the Rangers doing something crazy like that for Judge. However, Jerry doesn't have the balls, nor does Stanton to pull something like that off. But if we do go big, then go after the BIGGEST fish and go get Shohei!
No reason why we can't be on Ohtani if we sign Nimmo. Teo will be gone and we STILL prob won't have a DH.
Good point. I don't know that I like Nimmo over Teoscar though. Although he does have him on age.

I'm hoping for Conforto and Profar. Then get P Senga.

I'd only trade Flexen "IF" the compensation was worth the squeeze. Otherwise, I'm more than ok with going into ST and him still on our squad for depth.

I love Marco Gonzales, and the mentality of what he's brought to this organization. Unfortunately it's a business. And with him only pumping 89 MPH fastballs up there isn't going to cut it. I'd be willing to take just about anything to offload his contract.
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:00 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm
harmony wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:21 pm
One year of Gold Glove winner Ian Happ, the Cub who posted 3.5 fWAR this year, would cost less than three years of Bryan Reynolds, the Pirate who posted 2.9 fWAR this year.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/tra ... de-111624/

Jerry Dipoto has probably made calls on the switch-hitting NL Central outfielders born five months apart.
Yeah, Happ would definitely cost much less, probably next to nothing. Because he's nowhere near the player Nimmo or Reynolds are.

Take Happ out of Chicago and he's an average player. Probably not even that with T-Mobile as his home park. Numbers here-

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... &sort=26,d

As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 viable options that are obvious upgrades in the OF (that are actually available)- Judge, Nimmo or Reynolds.

Anyone else we might as well roll the dice on a Trammell/Haggerty platoon.
What kind of contract would it take to land Nimmo, I was thinking somewhere in the area of 6 years, 150 million. Give him that extra year. Don't think many teams are gonna wanna go 6 years on him. Maybe push it to 160. Now if you could pair him with Senga & god forbid Josh Bell my offseason would be set.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:16 am

Haggerty and Festa representing