Reynolds requests a trade

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Reynolds requests a trade

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:01 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:12 pm
I'll admit I am homer biased. I talked briefly with Gilbert in ST 2019 so have that connection. Also he isn't an FA until 2027 vs. 2026 for Reynolds. Just seems a lot simpler to trade for Bednar and sign Nimmo. I bet Gilbert matches or betters Rodon's WAR and Nimmo had 5.0 WAR in 2022 vs. only 2.9 for Reynolds.
Yeah it would be much simpler if Nimmo will sign.

We've signed Ray and extended Castillo in the past year and haven't signed a free agent bat since Nelson Cruz apparently.

So thats easier said than done it seems. Pitchers are obviously willing to be here.

If they can get Judge or Nimmo, they obviously should do that. If they don't...

Some people say they'll want major leaguers to add to O'Neil Cruz, others say they want minor leaguers who are close.

One way or another we could pull it off with our pitching depth, especially if we add a free agent SP.
I love the "High Roller" mentailty bpj, but it would cost $40M a year for 9-10 years just to get Judge to pass on pinstripes. Could you imagine Judge at 39 years old making $40M?! No thank you sir. Would rather go after Ohtani next year.

Ace-Ohtani
P-Kirby
P-Castillo
P-Gilbert
P-Ray

I do however like Nimmo, but then we'd be out on Ohtani next season. No my preferred choice is Michael Conforto, and then another impact (1B/DH/OF) type hitter. I'd be happy with Michael Brantley, Andrew Benintendi, Mitch Haniger, Josh Bell, or even Jurickson Profar.

I could see NY, SF, and even the Rangers doing something crazy like that for Judge. However, Jerry doesn't have the balls, nor does Stanton to pull something like that off. But if we do go big, then go after the BIGGEST fish and go get Shohei!

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:20 pm

I'm not even convinced Dipoto would have let Ohtani be a pitcher and hitter.

They baby their players way too much to think they'd handle Ohtani correctly. He'd need days off and skipped starts if he was a Mariner :roll:

I would love to have him though.

The trade values site doesn't hate this package either-
Attachments
Screenshot_20221204-051217_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:25 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:20 pm

They baby their players way too much to think they'd handle Ohtani correctly. He'd need days off and skipped starts if he was a Mariner :roll:

I hear you. And frankly was surprised with how they handled Kirby's innings limit. But yeah, it's probably a pipe dream.

I can't imagine trading Gilbert for Reynolds, who has been up and down. But then again, so has Logan. I'm warming to the idea, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Frankly I'm surprised Gilbert's value isn't higher!

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:28 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:50 pm
Got it. btw we gained an extra year of control by starting Gilbert in the minors so he has two years more control than BR. Sorry that seals the deal for me. Not trading him for BR.
Birthdate:
5/5/1997 (25 y, 6 m, 29 d)
Drafted:
2018 June Amateur Draft - Round: 1, Pick: 14, Overall: 14, Team: Seattle Mariners
Contract:
1 yr, TBD (2023)
Service Time:
Free Agent:

Arb Eligible:
MiLB Options:
No worries. I just don't see us lacking in SP in any way. I think they could certainly fill that void by 2027, if not by signing a FA this offseason to replace Gilbert that would also be here for 5-6 years.

Pittsburgh would probably have to throw in a low level pitcher to make up for the extra years of control, but Reynolds would also potentially get a QO or an extension, so I wouldn't see any reason to write it off personally.

Given his low salaries, he's a prime candidate for an extension once he's out of Pittsburgh.

Not to mention Nimmo is two years older than Reynolds, will be 35-36 in his final years. I don't really know who comps would be for Nimmo, but Jason Bay was 34 in his final year in Seattle.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:35 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:01 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:12 pm
I'll admit I am homer biased. I talked briefly with Gilbert in ST 2019 so have that connection. Also he isn't an FA until 2027 vs. 2026 for Reynolds. Just seems a lot simpler to trade for Bednar and sign Nimmo. I bet Gilbert matches or betters Rodon's WAR and Nimmo had 5.0 WAR in 2022 vs. only 2.9 for Reynolds.
Yeah it would be much simpler if Nimmo will sign.

We've signed Ray and extended Castillo in the past year and haven't signed a free agent bat since Nelson Cruz apparently.

So thats easier said than done it seems. Pitchers are obviously willing to be here.

If they can get Judge or Nimmo, they obviously should do that. If they don't...

Some people say they'll want major leaguers to add to O'Neil Cruz, others say they want minor leaguers who are close.

One way or another we could pull it off with our pitching depth, especially if we add a free agent SP.
I love the "High Roller" mentailty bpj, but it would cost $40M a year for 9-10 years just to get Judge to pass on pinstripes. Could you imagine Judge at 39 years old making $40M?! No thank you sir. Would rather go after Ohtani next year.

Ace-Ohtani
P-Kirby
P-Castillo
P-Gilbert
P-Ray

I do however like Nimmo, but then we'd be out on Ohtani next season. No my preferred choice is Michael Conforto, and then another impact (1B/DH/OF) type hitter. I'd be happy with Michael Brantley, Andrew Benintendi, Mitch Haniger, Josh Bell, or even Jurickson Profar.

I could see NY, SF, and even the Rangers doing something crazy like that for Judge. However, Jerry doesn't have the balls, nor does Stanton to pull something like that off. But if we do go big, then go after the BIGGEST fish and go get Shohei!
No reason why we can't be on Ohtani if we sign Nimmo. Teo will be gone and we STILL prob won't have a DH.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Somehow I don't think Ms are going to spend on the big ticket free agents despite our window for winning.

Someone posted a trade idea with Baltimore that I actually like.

Ms flip the birds Trammell and Flexen for Anthony Santander.
He has power hitting 33 HRs and hitting .240
He is a switch hitter which SS will love with his crazy righty lefty crap.
Finally we might have an offensive weapon at that bottom of the lineup.

They don't call him trader Jerry for nothing.

Thoughts???
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:31 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm
Somehow I don't think Ms are going to spend on the big ticket free agents despite our window for winning.

Thoughts???
Not a bad player but only 2.1 WAR so another non impact player. His value is only 5.6M so we could do it but it would cost a bit more than Flex and TT imo. I would put him ahead of Mitch but below Benintendi.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:37 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Thoughts???
Santander does most of his damage against lefties, at least last year. Need someone that can hit righties better.

.720 OPS isn't bad, but still have a lineup that is short on players that hit righties.
Last edited by Juliooooo on Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:39 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:16 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:20 pm

I would love to have him though.

Angels use a six man rotation to accommodate ohtani, it be right in dipotos wheelhouse