2023 MLB Draft

Millikin

Re: 2023 MLB Draft

Post by Millikin » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:53 am
Sweet mother of Jesus, Dylan Crews is hitting .525 with a .654 OBP with 31 walks and only 14 Ks IN THE SEC!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... ews-000dyl
1.564 ops. Is that good?
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:04 am

Prospects Live just released their updated Mock Draft 3.0 and have two interesting players going at 22 and 29 for the Seattle Mariners. Enjoy!

https://www.prospectslive.com/prospects ... aft-mock-3

22. Seattle Mariners

Bryce Eldridge,
RHP, James Madison HS

This is going to be the first of three picks in the next ten for Seattle and they'll start off with a bit of splurge in two-way prep Bryce Eldridge. It's a very easy operation on the bump, routinely in the low-90's with an ability to run it up to 95+, pairing that with two breaking balls and a solid change-up. At the plate, Eldridge has immense power potential from the left side with loft to his swing and he showed hitterish tendencies over the summer. Kids this big with the amount of projection he has don't come around often. The upside here is excellent.

29. Seattle Mariners

Ralphy Velazquez
, C/1B/OF, Huntington Beach

A large and strong frame already for his age, he represents possibly the best offensive profile of any catcher in the draft. He has a great feel for finding barrel to all fields and in game long ball power. He hits advanced pitching well and has a good understanding of the strike zone. He has little projection left and it is unclear if he can stick behind the plate, but with Harry Ford the top M's prospect, they lack power corner infielders, which may be what Velazquez becomes.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:55 am

I really like the profile of Colton Ledbetter, the outfielder from Mississippi State. No idea what his swing actually looks like, but a left-handed bat with average, power, a microscopic K-rate, and more walks than K's, in the SEC. To me, if that player is there at #22, that's hard to pass up. My best instinct is he goes somewhere in the 10-15 range if he continues with what he's doing.

Here's his B-Ref: https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... dbet001col

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:28 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:04 am
Prospects Live just released their updated Mock Draft 3.0 and have two interesting players going at 22 and 29 for the Seattle Mariners. Enjoy!

22. Seattle Mariners

Bryce Eldridge,
RHP, James Madison HS

This is going to be the first of three picks in the next ten for Seattle and they'll start off with a bit of splurge in two-way prep Bryce Eldridge. It's a very easy operation on the bump, routinely in the low-90's with an ability to run it up to 95+, pairing that with two breaking balls and a solid change-up. At the plate, Eldridge has immense power potential from the left side with loft to his swing and he showed hitterish tendencies over the summer. Kids this big with the amount of projection he has don't come around often. The upside here is excellent.

29. Seattle Mariners

Ralphy Velazquez

A large and strong frame already for his age, he represents possibly the best offensive profile of any catcher in the draft. He has a great feel for finding barrel to all fields and in game long ball power. He hits advanced pitching well and has a good understanding of the strike zone. He has little projection left and it is unclear if he can stick behind the plate, but with Harry Ford the top M's prospect, they lack power corner infielders, which may be what Velazquez becomes.
No way they draft a two way player. Since they are spending $600 million on Ohtani this off season they won't want there to be two of them in the org. :lol:
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:33 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:28 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:04 am

22. Seattle Mariners

Bryce Eldridge,
RHP, James Madison HS

29. Seattle Mariners

Ralphy Velazquez

No way they draft a two way player. Since they are spending $600 million on Ohtani this off season they won't want there to be two of them in the org. :lol:
I've not been excited about ANY of the mock drafts I've seen Seattle in. I have no idea who will be there at 22 at this point. I'm just scrambling to learn as much about the Top 100 as I possibly can.

And I'm not getting my hopes up for Ohtani. That's like asking the Prom Queen to get married and she's already with somebody and banging some other dude. :lol:

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:48 am

https://futurestarsseries.com/mlb-mock- ... -gonzalez/

The MLB Draft is an annual opportunity for clubs to add talent to their organization. It’s been suggested the draft is the most efficient way to do so, and it’s tough argue against the senitment. Every draft class differs and offers the same chance for teams to gain on rivals, or increase the distance between championship caliber organizations and those attempting to chase them down. The 2023 class is widely thought to be among the best classes over the past decade or so.

Here’s Mock 1.0 as the amateur season approaches the midway point, and the countdown to the Draft looks at 100 days in the rearview mirror.

Here are the Mariners selections. I apologize is this has already been posted.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230417_035224_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230417_034922_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230417_034922_Chrome.jpg (241.85 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Screenshot_20230417_034947_Chrome.jpg

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:15 pm

Seattle has recently drafted high school prospects at the top of the draft and there is a lot of talented high school shortstops in this draft class. This leads some to think that they might select one of the many high school shortstops this July. One of those talented shortstops is Colt Emerson. He is a 6-foot 17-year-old from Ohio who is known best for his hitting ability, something that Seattle’s 2022 first rounder Cole Young was known for.

MLB Pipeline praised his hit tool, saying, “Emerson is an advanced high school hitter who makes repeated hard contact with a pretty left-handed swing.” Joe Doyle of Future Stars Series said, “The swing is anchored by lightning quick hands that have feel to all-fields with some pull-side juice.” If Emerson can be the type of hitter that Doyle and Pipeline believe he could be, then he could be a really good selection for the Mariners in the upcoming draft.

https://prospectinsider.com/mariners-prospect-update/

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 24, 2023 1:40 pm

Keith Law
22. Seattle Mariners – Brayden Taylor, 3B, TCU
Taylor started the year as a potential top-10 pick, hit a slump early in the season, then picked it up enough to stay in the first round but nowhere near preseason expectations. Seattle has three picks in the top 30, and the expectation is they’ll go safe with one pick, probably this one, taking a college player who might even go a little under slot (Schanuel would fit, too) so they can go hog wild at picks Nos. 29 and 30.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 24, 2023 3:26 pm

I still want Pratt from Mississippi. At the very least I could get my coworker to get an autograph from him.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 1:40 pm
Keith Law
22. Seattle Mariners – Brayden Taylor, 3B, TCU
Taylor started the year as a potential top-10 pick, hit a slump early in the season, then picked it up enough to stay in the first round but nowhere near preseason expectations. Seattle has three picks in the top 30, and the expectation is they’ll go safe with one pick, probably this one, taking a college player who might even go a little under slot (Schanuel would fit, too) so they can go hog wild at picks Nos. 29 and 30.
Taylor has great pop with 18 HRs but a little light on BA at .290. I like to see guys well over .300 vs. college competition
dt