OT Cable vs. Streaming argument

D-train

OT Cable vs. Streaming argument

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:39 pm

This is just stunning to me how many people cry about this. They literally think that Teams should provide content to them a prices they want to pay. They think the goal is having the highest ratings instead of maximizing revenues. More proof that Econ and Finance should be mandatory to graduate HS.
dt

D-train

Re: OT Cable vs. Streaming argument

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:18 pm

55 yo man publicly admits to not understanding basic Banking concepts.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:13 pm

And hear we have a 40 year old man getting ANGRY about uniform decisions. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:52 pm

And here we have a woman that paid $14k for a 14 ounce dog because she didn't check the interest rate on a loan she signed up for. FFS
KIRO 7′s Jesse Jones previously spoke with Millie Hill, a woman who bought a chihuahua from ‘Puppyland’ in Puyallup.
Follow this link to read additional stories from KIRO 7
Hill’s chihuahua was originally listed at $4,600, but additional fees and taxes increased the price by about $1,000.

Hill said she chose to finance her puppy but didn’t realize how high the interest rates were until it was too late. (One of her two loans had a 128% interest rate.)

The final price tag for her chihuahua was $14,185.18.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:13 pm
And hear we have a 40 year old man getting ANGRY about uniform decisions. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
What’s worse, caring about uniforms, or carrying shot people that care about uniforms?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

gil

Post by gil » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:39 pm
This is just stunning to me how many people cry about this. They literally think that Teams should provide content to them a prices they want to pay. They think the goal is having the highest ratings instead of maximizing revenues. More proof that Econ and Finance should be mandatory to graduate HS.
Well said. If it's a "public service" with positive externalities, make it free (but obviously someone still pays - just not the customer). Otherwise, set the profit maximizing price.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:55 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:13 pm
What’s worse, caring about uniforms, or carrying shot people that care about uniforms?
If I didn't have to see it every single day cluttering up my feed I wouldn't care in the least. It is just constant every single day, multiple tweets about about uniforms. Its like it is all these people care about. I guess I just need to mute them.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:01 pm

gil wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 pm
D-train wrote:
Well said. If it's a "public service" with positive externalities, make it free (but obviously someone still pays - just not the customer). Otherwise, set the profit maximizing price.
Its like selling your car and saying you are only going to take public transportation because it is a lot cheaper but then you realize you need to drive to get somewhere once a week that is a 100 mile round trip. So you show up at car dealership demanding that you want to only pay $5k for a $35k car because you only need it once a week even though plenty of people are willing to pay full price for it.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:13 pm

D-train wrote:
The 7th Graders I teach wanted more "real world," word problems, so I gave them one to contemplate. Last year's U.S. Women's Soccer players average pay vs. Men's Soccer players average and the pay differential. Then I gave them the average game receipts of both and asked them how much they could pay a team of 16 players on those game receipts. After that, I asked them how many think women should get paid the same as men. 17 out of 27 raised their hands saying the women should get paid the same as the men. I asked them how? They said, pay the men less and raise the women's pay. So I asked them if they expected the same level of play from men getting paid less? "Oh."

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:08 pm

fyi Mike Cameron is a low IQ Dick.
dt