Jerry on JK and the trade market

D-train

Jerry on JK and the trade market

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:04 pm

I actually like what he says about JK here but really didn't need the nonsense about him being younger than the two QBs.
“I think end-to-end traction where it’s not a two- or three-day stretch, or it’s not an exciting homestand, and it’s not underlying information that you’re hopeful will turn into results, but actually taking the skills that he has and the big tools that he possesses and turning it into day in, day out contribution,” Dipoto said. “What that means in the slash line, I can’t tell you. I do know Jarred will play good defense, he will run the bases well and you’re going to see the power play.”

Dipoto and the Mariners are just looking for more consistency from their young outfielder.

“It’s the consistency in the day-to-day at-bats and not riding the waves,” he said. “Everybody goes high and low, you’re gonna slump in a season. But if Jarred can keep his head above water, especially at the start and let those let those skills play, I think you will see what he’s capable of.”
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1731096/ ... et-update/
dt

D-train

Re: Jerry on JK and the trade market

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:06 pm

“I don’t think so. I would be shocked if we didn’t see multiple trades between now and spring training around the league, just based on the rhetoric we are hearing and the conversations that we’re having,” Dipoto said.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:39 pm

They are still a couple of bats short. But aren't willing to budget on price acquisition whether it be money or prospects.

With "going rate" on offense, you might as well select five Shortstops with our first 5 picks in the draft. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:39 pm
They still are a couple of bats short. But aren't willing to budget on price acquisition whether it be money or prospects.
They are more than happy to budget but I agree they aren't going to budge. :) I predicted the Pirates will hold out for Gilbert or Kirby for at least another week but then if they want to move BR they will have to relent.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
They still are a couple of bats short. But aren't willing to budget on price acquisition whether it be money or prospects.
They are more than happy to budget but I agree they aren't going to budge. :) I predicted the Pirates will hold out for Gilbert or Kirby for at least another week but then if they want to move BR they will have to relent.
The Pirates will wait until the trade deadline. Bank on it. That's when Reynolds' trade value will be at his highest. He's a borderline All-Star. I ain't trading two quality Aces, even spld seperately, for that dipshit. But I will put a handsome package together for him. Their asking price is just too demand high broskie.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:19 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:36 pm
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
The Pirates will wait until the trade deadline. Bank on it. That's when Reynolds' trade value will be at his highest. He's a borderline All-Star. I ain't trading two quality Aces, even spld seperately, for that dipshit. But I will put a handsome package together for him. Their asking price is just too demand high broskie.
This is why I could see them keeping Bryce Miller in the minors to start the season. If he dominates (that's a big "if"), he'll start moving to the top of everyone's prospect list. There's already some stupid shit keeping him down, like MLB Pipeline ranking Jack Leiter ahead of him.

And it isn't just JK laying an egg that you have to worry about. There are 26 players on the active roster. All sorts of things could go wrong.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:39 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:19 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:36 pm
D-train wrote:

This is why I could see them keeping Bryce Miller in the minors to start the season. If he dominates (that's a big "if"), he'll start moving to the top of everyone's prospect list. There's already some stupid shit keeping him down, like MLB Pipeline ranking Jack Leiter ahead of him.

And it isn't just JK laying an egg that you have to worry about. There are 26 players on the active roster. All sorts of things could go wrong.
Jack Leiter's only there because of pedigree. And I absolutely agree with you, Miller's ranking will be higher. I think that the M's are holding their cards close to their chest in terms of offloading Flexen AND Gonzales when the time comes.