Spring Training story lines

GL_Storm

Re: Spring Training story lines

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:53 pm

JK's K-Rate is down to 17.6%. That's 6 K's in 34 plate appearances. Really looking forward to his next appearance that has a TV broadcast, which is not tonight. Maybe tomorrow? All of the standard disclaimers about spring training stats apply, but it's still good to see him going in the right direction.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:11 am

The LockedOn guys were talking yesterday about a trade with NYY for Isiah Kiner-Falefa. As far as I know, this is just speculation, but the idea is Flexen for IKF, and with both JP and Dylan Moore questionable for opening day, I'm starting to think this makes some sense. And so, loath as I am to bring another light-hitting middle infielder onto this roster, this could be the move. Personally, I'm partial to giving Mason McCoy a chance, but I'm also not the GM, and probably for good reason.

But there's also this thing out there, also from the LockedOn guys, that DiPoto had some other deal cooking for Flexen that would probably happen right before opening day. The reporting was that inside Mariners camp everyone was assuming Flexen was gone, and the logical assumption from that is that DiPoto had one or more fairly firm offers in hand.

So it's anybody's guess what's going on.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:45 am

Watching game on SD stream, M’s kicking ass , Haggerty looking good

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:16 am

I watched the WBC game USA vs Ven. Grrrrrreat game. But the Rockies pitcher was wild and hit ALltuve in the hands and he went out right away and went back to the clubhouse. The speculation was broken thumb. If he is out for a month or so into the regular season that would close the gab in the division.

Dilly Moore and his oblique strain is a concern but he should be back soon enough
How long does a Grade 1 oblique strain take to heal?
Using MLB's Health and Injury Tracking System (HITS), the study ultimately revealed that hitters typically take 27 days to recover from a Grade 1 strain, while pitchers typically take as many as 35 days.

Another site said mild 5-10 days major =1-2 months

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:22 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:53 pm
JK's K-Rate is down to 17.6%. That's 6 K's in 34 plate appearances. Really looking forward to his next appearance that has a TV broadcast, which is not tonight. Maybe tomorrow? All of the standard disclaimers about spring training stats apply, but it's still good to see him going in the right direction.
He went 0-3 at the game last night. Chasing high heat and looking at strike 3 with the bat on his shoulders. I think we all want him to be successful but better pitching always seems to screw him up

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:30 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:22 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:53 pm
He went 0-3 at the game last night. Chasing high heat and looking at strike 3 with the bat on his shoulders. I think we all want him to be successful but better pitching always seems to screw him up
Exactly. And this is Pitcher Dan Plesac we're talking about. Not Verlander or DeGrom. 😔

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:26 pm

Spring training is so goddamn long. It just goes on forever.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:53 am

Bryce Miller looked really good today and should be getting a call up at some point this year. We went to the Texas ballpark in surprise today a very nice facility with the split squad we had our fair share of rookies including Prince Harry behind the dish. Harry looked very comfortable out there. All in all a great experience with the forum friends. Kelenic looked really good today with his standup triple and his wide range in left field.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:53 am
Bryce Miller looked really good today and should be getting a call up at some point this year. We went to the Texas ballpark in surprise today a very nice facility with the split squad we had our fair share of rookies including Prince Harry behind the dish. Harry looked very comfortable out there. All in all a great experience with the forum friends. Kelenic looked really good today with his standup triple and his wide range in left field.
Yes it was a great time and we got very lucky getting 7 tickets all together right above the 1st base dugout. We then went back to the crib and watched the USA Cuba game, Gonzaga basketball and had an epic BBQ with 3 racks of Ribs Potato salad and Mac salad. Just an amazing night with great friends!
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:34 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:00 pm
Yes it was a great time and we got very lucky getting 7 tickets all together right above the 1st base dugout. We then went back to the crib and watched the USA Cuba game, Gonzaga basketball and had an epic BBQ with 3 racks of Ribs Potato salad and Mac salad. Just an amazing night with great friends!
Sounds like a blast.

One of these years..ST is on my bucket list.

Anything or anybody stand out to you all now that you're able to see things, in person?