Where do we stand on JP Crawford?

Donn Beach

Re: Where do we stand on JP Crawford?

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:28 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:40 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:36 am
Thought that was interesting from the article, his having a good eye but he just can't hit a baseball. Remember that from before, the hopeful element of a breakout. He'd learn to square up a pitch. So he has become more effective by not swinging

Terms of being a leader, don't believe that needs to be about slash lines. Could be more him not bringing an ego.
It's a marvel that this can be said and you don't even blink.
Did you happen to read my comment when I posted the link, how many blinks do you need
. Why is that, just because he can't hit a baseball? You gonna love this LL article

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:44 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:28 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Thought that was interesting from the article, his having a good eye but he just can't hit a baseball. Remember that from before, the hopeful element of a breakout. He'd learn to square up a pitch. So he has become more effective by not swinging

Terms of being a leader, don't believe that needs to be about slash lines. Could be more him not bringing an ego.
Did you happen to read my comment when I posted the link, how many blinks do you need
. Why is that, just because he can't hit a baseball? You gonna love this LL article
One might think that being able to hit a baseball would be of pretty high priority for a baseball player.

How about JP just becomes the morale guy? He can get up on the dugout and dance with the moose?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:17 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:44 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:28 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:

One might think that being able to hit a baseball would be of pretty high priority for a baseball player.

How about JP just becomes the morale guy? He can get up on the dugout and dance with the moose?

Yup, so you're beginning to get the drift of my comment

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:51 pm
There seem to be no fixes for this either. We be stuck with Mr. Soggy Arm.

7D8C7932-6B4F-44D4-B99C-139BB871E406.jpeg

Evidently it wasn’t about getting the best player for the position….It was the best teammate …….. silly me
Cole Young and Felnin Celestin can't get here fast enough. And it sounds like Harry Ford is going to be the heir apparent to Geno at 3B according to Dipoto.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:08 am

Dipoto talking about Ford moving to 3rd?
Ford is now learning at the professional level, and that education includes the further honing of offensive skills that are advanced for a player so young. His 2022 numbers at Low-A Modesto are eye-opening. Pairing a line-drive stroke and plus plate discipline, Ford slashed .274/.425/.439 with 11 home runs in 499 plate appearances. Asked to describe the swing that produced that production, Ford said it “looks sexy!”
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/sunday-note ... k-catcher/

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:18 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:08 am
Dipoto talking about Ford moving to 3rd?
Ford is now learning at the professional level, and that education includes the further honing of offensive skills that are advanced for a player so young. His 2022 numbers at Low-A Modesto are eye-opening. Pairing a line-drive stroke and plus plate discipline, Ford slashed .274/.425/.439 with 11 home runs in 499 plate appearances. Asked to describe the swing that produced that production, Ford said it “looks sexy!”
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/sunday-note ... k-catcher/
Yeah, in an interview earlier this week, he alluded to Harry Ford's altheticism and how he could take over for Geno at 3B when Geno's time has come and gone. I don't think it's set in stone, but I was surprised he even mentioned it. Something about the bat being more ready quicker than his defensive skill set behind the plate.

It'd be nice to see them hit on a few more position players in the upcoming draft. But if pitching is what you're most successful at scouting, drafting, and developing, then keep the pipeline flowing!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:21 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:08 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:49 am
Donn Beach wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JP1.JPGjp2.JPG
Goofing off to a camera is him demonstrating his self worth?
Certainly a better option than what he does in the batter's box.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:15 pm

Sam making the case for more playing time……JP can be a cheerleader from the dugout

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:23 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:15 pm
Sam making the case for more playing time……JP can be a cheerleader from the dugout
He just needs to give up trying to hit LH.
dt