Roster is set

GL_Storm

Re: Roster is set

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:50 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:19 pm
No win prediction contest this year?
I was wondering about that myself. I want to reserve 88 wins.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:00 pm

Will be coming before 1st pitch. Hint: The early bird will get the first worm/win total.... :D
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:07 pm

Now that the roster is set we are ranked 16th in FGs WAR projections behind all but the A's in our division.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:12 am

Fann the Man. Looking forward to reading this in the morn.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1747403/ ... ening-day/
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:15 am

Well I've been trying to ignore the offseason and give them the benefit of the doubt, but it still seems like the obvious holes are obvious holes.

They're going with Marco again when they could replaced him with a quality starter. Obvious upgrade they ignored.

They ignored LF to roll out the red carpet for Kelenic again. He was playing baseball all offseason trying to fix his swing, so he came in hot against the players that were just getting off their couches for the offseason. Looked like he already tapered off as the pitching got caught up.

It will be interesting to watch his contributions compared to the LF's that were available, most notably Mitch Haniger.

We still have no DH, where they're counting way too much on Tom Murphy and Tommy La Stella to contribute. At least they saved $15M by not signing an actual DH though. This'll be the year their rotating strategy finally works out!! 🤦‍♂️

Unfortunately, most of the DH's that were available could also back up at 1B where we have another gaping hole if France gets hurt again, so it was another obvious hole they ignored. Second year in a row they reaaalllyy could have used a guy like Kyle Schwarber.

La Stella and Pollock look like Adam Frazier and Jason Bay.

Kolton Wong has looked like Frazier also. Jury is out, but Wong seems like the only potential above average contributor in the bunch.

The good news is the top 4 in the rotation are really good.

The bullpen has been Dipoto's specialty so he can have the benefit of the doubt there.

But can't shake the feeling that they should have at the very least added a DH/1B/LF type. Or two.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:23 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:50 pm
I will stick again with 92 wins please! :D
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:44 am

Shall be First come first serve as per usual.
dt

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:34 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:23 am
GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:50 pm
I will stick again with 92 wins please! :D
94 for me

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:36 am

bpj wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:15 am
Well I've been trying to ignore the offseason and give them the benefit of the doubt, but it still seems like the obvious holes are obvious holes.

They're going with Marco again when they could replaced him with a quality starter. Obvious upgrade they ignored.

They ignored LF to roll out the red carpet for Kelenic again. He was playing baseball all offseason trying to fix his swing, so he came in hot against the players that were just getting off their couches for the offseason. Looked like he already tapered off as the pitching got caught up.

It will be interesting to watch his contributions compared to the LF's that were available, most notably Mitch Haniger.

We still have no DH, where they're counting way too much on Tom Murphy and Tommy La Stella to contribute. At least they saved $15M by not signing an actual DH though. This'll be the year their rotating strategy finally works out!! 🤦‍♂️

Unfortunately, most of the DH's that were available could also back up at 1B where we have another gaping hole if France gets hurt again, so it was another obvious hole they ignored. Second year in a row they reaaalllyy could have used a guy like Kyle Schwarber.

La Stella and Pollock look like Adam Frazier and Jason Bay.

Kolton Wong has looked like Frazier also. Jury is out, but Wong seems like the only potential above average contributor in the bunch.

The good news is the top 4 in the rotation are really good.

The bullpen has been Dipoto's specialty so he can have the benefit of the doubt there.

But can't shake the feeling that they should have at the very least added a DH/1B/LF type. Or two.
A lot has to go right. Kelenic needs to hit. Wong needs to be average and not decline. Pollock hasn't impressed me much. Cooper Hummel needs to not be a bust. Dylan Moore needs to get healthy by May and do his Dylan Moore thing. The list goes on. Honestly, there's an aspect of this team that seems like it's held together with duct tape and baling wire.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:13 am

Pollock will be okay, he has a limited role he should be able to handle. If he can't hit left handed pitching then they really are cursed