Re: 2023 Thread for Prospect News and Information

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 29, 2023 8:35 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:31 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:24 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:16 pm
Man it's a little bit frustrating that we have the glob of talented hitters who are all 2ish years away when we could really use a lot of them now.
Sure am glad we traded the hitter closest to the majors for a pitcher. I don’t hate that trade. I hate the subsequent moves of not adding to the lineup then sitting on their assess in the off-season, so now they will need to trade guys like Gabriel Gonzales at the deadline, who is my number 1 do not trade hitter, even over ford and Clase.
I don't think they'll trade GG or Montes. Nobody wants to lose out on the next Yordan Alvarez.
They need to wait on Montez for sure. He’s only going to get more value as a prospect
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 29, 2023 8:42 pm

I’d be fine trading Hancock and Woo. We have young pitchers in the pipeline, and we have

Castillo
Kirby
Gilbert
Miller
Ray

They are all under team control for 4+ years. They have Flexen and Marco until Ray comes back, and maybe Dollard to give some depth from the minors.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon May 29, 2023 8:56 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:42 pm
I’d be fine trading Hancock and Woo. We have young pitchers in the pipeline, and we have

Castillo
Kirby
Gilbert
Miller
Ray

They are all under team control for 4+ years. They have Flexen and Marco until Ray comes back, and maybe Dollard to give some depth from the minors.
Woo would be hard for me to say good bye to, and Hancock's value couldn't be lower at the moment. But we could definitely afford to lose them.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 29, 2023 9:00 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:56 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

Castillo
Kirby
Gilbert
Miller
Ray

Woo would be hard for me to say good bye to, and Hancock's value couldn't be lower at the moment. But we could definitely afford to lose them.
Maybe they should have just signed someone in the off-season…

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 29, 2023 9:06 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Man it's a little bit frustrating that we have the glob of talented hitters who are all 2ish years away when we could really use a lot of them now.
Sure am glad we traded the hitter closest to the majors for a pitcher. I don’t hate that trade. I hate the subsequent moves of not adding to the lineup then sitting on their assess in the off-season, so now they will need to trade guys like Gabriel Gonzales at the deadline, who is my number 1 do not trade hitter, even over ford and Clase.
Wow, Marte has a .872 OPS and Clase has a .873 OPS in AA. Clase hit WAY better at Everett. He is about 200 days younger.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 29, 2023 9:08 pm

Juliooooo wrote:

Castillo
Kirby
Gilbert
Miller
Ray

Ray will likely miss most of 2024 so Woo should be in the OD rotation.............IF we don't sign Ohtani. :lol:
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Mon May 29, 2023 9:28 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sorry, but what trade are you talking about?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 29, 2023 9:36 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:28 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Marte and Arroyo for Castillo.

What do you make of ARod and Clase power surges, Gabe?
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon May 29, 2023 9:37 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:28 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Noevli Marte for Luis Castillo.

I don't hate the trade... more so that we added to something that was already a strength vs addressing what was and still is a weakness in the O.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 29, 2023 9:48 pm

I am one of the top 1 most critical guys of Jerry but that was a great trade and extension. Marte is a good hitter but Castillo is an Ace and that contract is a massively below market deal.
dt