Scott and Jerry Spring training quotes

D-train

Scott and Jerry Spring training quotes

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:30 pm

Thought it would be fun to look back at a happier time. lol
“Good starting pitching and depth within your pitching creates organizational stability,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. “Everybody sleeps a little better at night. You're not moving players all over the country, day after day after day, because what happens in the big leagues affects what happens in the Minor Leagues.”
“From a health perspective, we’ve had a good spring. ... We’ve had no real major issues -- a couple of dings and bruises that aren’t convenient, but it certainly puts us ahead of most teams,” president of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto said on his weekly radio hit with Seattle Sports.
Notes: La Stella played third base in a B game before the Cactus League game Monday. He played third base for five innings Sunday.

“I thought he’s swung the bat really well,” Servais said. “We’ve got Geno and we’ve got Hags, who can stand in at third as well. We’ve got coverage there, but I wanted to get them out there and see what that looks like. Tommy’s an offensive player. He’s always been an offensive player. But if you’ve got to fill in late in the game or something, you just want to make sure he’s capable of doing what you need.”
The next step? An American League West title, a goal that’s reached this territory only thrice and not since 2001, the iconic year that will perhaps be further distanced after the 2022 club ended the drought. Is the 2023 team, in Dipoto’s eyes, one that can hang that banner?

“We feel like that's a realistic goal,” Dipoto said. “And we're going to do the best we can. ... We've never been more convinced of this team's ability to do those things than we were at the end of last season. So I think that goes for all the players in the clubhouse, because for us in the front office, our staff, we do feel like we got meaningfully better this offseason. And we are a deeper, more complete team than we were at the end of last season.”
Then on opening day the team hopped on this water slide and the rest is history. lol
ws.jpg
dt