ESPN's top 50 prospects

Sexymarinersfan

Re: ESPN's top 50 prospects

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri May 26, 2023 5:57 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:49 am
Caballero is a utility guy with limited power that didn’t play much due to health. He has no reason to be ranked high. He didn’t do sitting in the minors that stood out looking at box scores. They liked him though, and it translates.

Similar to Miller (although Miller was highly rated). He didn’t really look good in the minors this year, but there was more going on behind the scenes we didn’t know, and Miller came out on fire.

It makes me wonder about Hancock. He’s had 3 bad games, and been great otherwise. Is he just off those games or is he working on something?

One more thought, I really hope they give Sheiner a chance. Nobody deserves it more than that guy. 2/3 with another HR (14) and another BB today. Played 3B and LF. OPS up to .982. Caballero showed you that sometimes all you need is to give someone a chance.
Watching Caballero today during the game, I caught a quick glimpse of what looked like Carlos Correa or George Springer. It wasn't his tools that stood out to me, but his swag. This kid has it in spades. We need to keep running him out there to see how high his ceiling can go, and if he can adjust to the league once it catches up to him, or if does for that matter.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri May 26, 2023 1:18 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:57 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Caballero is a utility guy with limited power that didn’t play much due to health. He has no reason to be ranked high. He didn’t do sitting in the minors that stood out looking at box scores. They liked him though, and it translates.

Similar to Miller (although Miller was highly rated). He didn’t really look good in the minors this year, but there was more going on behind the scenes we didn’t know, and Miller came out on fire.

It makes me wonder about Hancock. He’s had 3 bad games, and been great otherwise. Is he just off those games or is he working on something?

One more thought, I really hope they give Sheiner a chance. Nobody deserves it more than that guy. 2/3 with another HR (14) and another BB today. Played 3B and LF. OPS up to .982. Caballero showed you that sometimes all you need is to give someone a chance.
Watching Caballero today during the game, I caught a quick glimpse of what looked like Carlos Correa or George Springer. It wasn't his tools that stood out to me, but his swag. This kid has it in spades. We need to keep running him out there to see how high his ceiling can go, and if he can adjust to the league once it catches up to him, or if does for that matter.
Yeah, I meant as a prospect that’s what Caballero was seen as a prospect. No reason he can’t be an everyday player that can hit .270/.350/.725. He’s not going to be a .850-.900 OPS type player.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri May 26, 2023 1:29 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:18 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:57 am
Juliooooo wrote:

Yeah, I meant as a prospect that’s what Caballero was seen as a prospect. No reason he can’t be an everyday player that can hit .270/.350/.725. He’s not going to be a .850-.900 OPS type player.
Love what I am seeing from our young hitters down in the farm. Word on the street is that Seattle are looking for high upside hitters in the upcoming draft. The ONLY kid I might take at 22 before any bats is prep P Charlie Soto.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 26, 2023 1:48 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 am
Speaking of the top 50, was CAbby even a top 200 if anyone did a t200? It's funny how many prospects slip through evaluators' cracks. Like I don't even remember seeing anyone talking about OAK's Brent Rooker or that kid they threw against us the other night.
If you take every teams top 30 that is top 900. If he isn't in our top 30 it is literally impossible for him to be top 500 let along top 200.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 26, 2023 1:53 pm

Juliooooo wrote:

Exactly but we still have Wong and Pollock on the roster because of money. Makes me sick and despise that aspect of this org. And the insane thing is it doesn't cost them a penny to DFA those guys, just embarrassment of admitting that added two complete POSs. Roster decisions solely to save face.
Disgusting.
dt