Interesting quote from Jays manager on player urgency to win.

Seattle or Bust

Interesting quote from Jays manager on player urgency to win.

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri May 26, 2023 8:05 am

"When it comes down to us as a staff, the expectations are put right in front of you. There is an urgency that needs to be had in order to meet those expectations. Wins and losses out the window, the last 10 days haven't been great, and I think that the urgency in which those expectations are trying to be achieved is not right there."

"Yes, that's on me and the players ... Ultimately on me." Schneider added. "When the players are recognizing that, and when the players are calling attention to that, it's going to hold a lot more weight than any one of the staff members trying to get mad or get in their face."

He's basically saying that the players are showing up to the ballpark acting like they don't really care about winning.

Donn Beach

Re: Interesting quote from Jays manager on player urgency to win.

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 26, 2023 8:32 am

That was in response to a players only meeting. Believe what he is getting at is a meeting like that has more value addressing issues than the manager or coaches trying to get in someone's face.

Here is Chapman
"We're all grown men here," Blue Jays third baseman Matt Chapman said. "It's up to us. We're the one's out on the fields. Our coaches can't hold our hands. We have to go out there, and we have to find ways to win games.

"We have to communicate with each other, help try and make each other better because we are a team. We want to win, and if we want to win a division or play in the playoffs, it's up to us to find ways to get us back on track. It's up to nobody else but us."

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri May 26, 2023 3:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:32 am
That was in response to a players only meeting. Believe what he is getting at is a meeting like that has more value addressing issues than the manager or coaches trying to get in someone's face.

Here is Chapman
"We're all grown men here," Blue Jays third baseman Matt Chapman said. "It's up to us. We're the one's out on the fields. Our coaches can't hold our hands. We have to go out there, and we have to find ways to win games.

"We have to communicate with each other, help try and make each other better because we are a team. We want to win, and if we want to win a division or play in the playoffs, it's up to us to find ways to get us back on track. It's up to nobody else but us."
They are more valuable.

My point is that it's a sad reality that a team full of millionaires can't show up to a ballpark and be self-motivated or show enough leadership to give it their best every game they play.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 26, 2023 4:26 pm

It's okay by me if it makes them easier to beat

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri May 26, 2023 4:35 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:26 pm
It's okay by me if it makes them easier to beat
Only if you believe that the M's aren't in the same boat.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 26, 2023 4:55 pm

Blue Jays have lost nine of their last eleven games

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri May 26, 2023 4:57 pm

That's why guys like Jerry and Scott would not survive the job in NYC.
There is a standard of winning here that cannot be translated into words.
AND mind you that's post George. I personally don't think his kids run the team the same way.
But the media and the fans here would eat Jerry and Scott and powederpuff players alive for lunch.
Seattle just seems to re-up their contracts with the hopes of one day making it to the show.
"You're not always going to have your best stuff" S.S. :roll: "That's baseball".
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri May 26, 2023 5:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:55 pm
Blue Jays have lost nine of their last eleven games
And the Mariners have a shitty offense that struggled to put up hits/runs against the worst pitching staff in baseball. They have multiple players underperforming expectations w. the bat. They waste AB's w. terrible swing choices, make boneheaded mental mistakes just about every night on the base paths, and it all seemingly could be avoided if they could just check in mentally.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 26, 2023 5:04 pm

I know, they need a manager that kick some asses. At least SS didn't pussify France. Got his ass back out there on the field and look what's he is doing

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri May 26, 2023 5:12 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:04 pm
I know, they need a manager that kick some asses. At least SS didn't pussify France. Got his ass back out there on the field and look what's he is doing
Bro. They're 25th in team OPS.

At a certain point you have to ask the question, when the fuck are they going to kick it into gear and stop blowing chunks with a bat in their hands?

It's not like they're a mid-tier offense. They're actually fucking horrible. It's OK for you to call a spade a spade for once and not always defend the shit you see this organization throw out there.

The offensive output is pathetic and you're always in defense of it. It's so fucking weird.

If it's a one-off thing... fine. But they are always unperforming offensively. ALWAYS.