GT Pirates at M's. Lets kick DT's new teams @$$. Keller vs Kirby

Donn Beach

Re: GT Pirates at M's. Lets kick DT's new teams @$$. Keller vs Kirby

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 27, 2023 4:44 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:04 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:00 pm
for whatever reason SS had for starting Wong, maybe he reads tarot cards, it worked didn't it
What do you mean by that?

What we learned...
1. Kirby still has a lot of adjustments to make but that is to be expected
2. Saucedo, Then, and Flexen stink and should never be used in a close game or to protect a lead
3. Kelenic will finish the season with a BA around .200 and Wong will be gone by the AS break.
Wong scored twice

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sat May 27, 2023 5:15 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:54 pm
From the Pirates forum...

Screenshot_20230527-084401_(1).png

"Block" must be their version of Dave Sims. Or perhaps the balls really were just sailing like another poster here observed last night, in which case it's a shame the Mariners couldn't take advantage.
All but one of the Pirates homeruns last night didn't look like homeruns off the bat to me. So, I would have called them like the Pirates broadcaster.

Plus, our own guys on Root didn't exactly react with awe at those homeruns either, it was more like, "high fly ball... Teoscar moving back... Running out of room... And it's gone." Not exactly no-doubters. The ball just seemed to drift more than usual, like it hitched a ride on a wind current.

I think whatever it is (the "marine layer," coastal wind) that makes our park so pitcher friendly just wasn't in effect.

But hey, I'm not a meteorologist, just a guy who's watched a zillion baseball games.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 27, 2023 6:53 pm

Does Kirby normally get a lot of fly ball outs?