D-train

Re: GT DT against the rest 5/27

Post by D-train » Sun May 28, 2023 2:28 pm

OH MY GOD
dt

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Sun May 28, 2023 3:21 pm

I will forward this to the British Book of Idioms to ask them to use it as a new definition of “schoolboy error”

Love the comments in the twitter thread, especially about the teams both playing in red.

I can see how the catcher loses their concentration thinking it’s all over. But even me, who’s never played the game thought as soon as the batter sets off for first base then red flags should be waving all over the place. Even throw to first as a just-in-case precaution.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 28, 2023 4:06 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:21 pm
I will forward this to the British Book of Idioms to ask them to use it as a new definition of “schoolboy error”

Love the comments in the twitter thread, especially about the teams both playing in red.

I can see how the catcher loses their concentration thinking it’s all over. But even me, who’s never played the game thought as soon as the batter sets off for first base then red flags should be waving all over the place. Even throw to first as a just-in-case precaution.
Yeah and it wasn't like the ball skipped into his glove, he blatantly dropped it. You can see it rolling around before picks it up. I think he thought the ump called him out but he was just signaling that he swung....I think.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 28, 2023 4:46 pm

“Down 1 in the bottom of the 7th, runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs, and I walked it off to win the state championship.”

“Where did you hit the ball dad?”

“That’s not important son, point is, I was the hero that walked it off for the win.”
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 28, 2023 4:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:06 pm
mostonmike wrote:

Yeah and it wasn't like the ball skipped into his glove, he blatantly dropped it. You can see it rolling around before picks it up. I think he thought the ump called him out but he was just signaling that he swung....I think.
He was signaling strike 3, guy didn’t even swing.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sun May 28, 2023 4:48 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 2:28 pm
OH MY GOD
Oh wow. Talk about miscommunication.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sun May 28, 2023 4:51 pm

You can hear people in the stands yelling "there's only two outs!" "He dropped the ball!".
Evidently catcher thought that he tagged the runner???? Crazy.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 28, 2023 5:00 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:06 pm
mostonmike wrote:

He was signaling strike 3, guy didn’t even swing.
Oh yeah. Even worse.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 28, 2023 5:01 pm

The ump did everything right. Called strike three and then the safe sign when the catcher didn't tag him.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun May 28, 2023 5:21 pm

This is a bad scorecard

She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut