5/30/23 I won't be there so of course we'll beat the Spankees game thread

DavidGee24

5/30/23 I won't be there so of course we'll beat the Spankees game thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:33 pm

So last night I sat in the 6th row behind the Mariner dugout, bought a City Connect hoodie (it was cold), and of course Miller fell apart, and Aaron Judge and Jake Fucking Bauers had the games of their lives. Mariners now 0-7 when my wife and I attend.

Which means that tonight and tomorrow we will knock these bums down and fart on their heads.

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: 5/30/23 I won't be there so of course we'll beat the Spankees game thread

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue May 30, 2023 5:01 pm

LET's FREAKIN GO GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 30, 2023 7:28 pm

I was just thinking. I only watch about half the games so I am sure I have missed it but I don't remember Wong hitting a ball over an OFers head all season. Don't even remember one having to go back on a fly ball.
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Tue May 30, 2023 7:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:28 pm
I was just thinking. I only watch about half the games so I am sure I have missed it but I don't remember Wong hitting a ball over an OFers head all season. Don't even remember one having to go back on a fly ball.
Kolten Wong is to Adam Frazier as Greg Brady is Johnny Bravo - they needed someone to fit the uniform.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue May 30, 2023 9:07 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:33 pm
So last night I sat in the 6th row behind the Mariner dugout, bought a City Connect hoodie (it was cold), and of course Miller fell apart, and Aaron Judge and Jake Fucking Bauers had the games of their lives. Mariners now 0-7 when my wife and I attend.

Which means that tonight and tomorrow we will knock these bums down and fart on their heads.
Jake f Bauer’s has to be loving the revenge. Let’s knock him on his ass with some chin music

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 30, 2023 9:25 pm

Shannon blames all the strikeouts on the schedule and the weather. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :?

She is such a shill.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1757912/ ... t-problem/
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue May 30, 2023 9:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:25 pm
Shannon blames all the strikeouts on the schedule and the weather. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :?

She is such a shill.

It's never, "you know, maybe some of these guys aren't very good (especially the free agents they signed) and the message of control the zone isn't working."

Also, chalking it all up to pressure is ridiculous. Aaron Judge won MVP in his contract year. The Yanks are paying him $40 million a year to be their Babe Ruth and he's absolutely fkn raking in the hottest pot of boiling water known to baseball.

But Mariner players are caving to the Subaru driving, 10 mph under the speed limit, what sort of jersey are the Mariners wearing today, fan base? Right.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue May 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Yesterdays Miller blood bath was a pretty painful reality check. Let's hope we can comeback and win these next 2. We appear tp have thew match-up advantage so let's pay-it-off.

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:25 pm

She is such a shill.

Haha gotta love making excuses for Teo swinging at pitches way way off the plate and other players swinging at true trash. This team trying to control the zone is a joke. They are trying for the strikeout record. I think Teo has gone every game this season with at least 2 strikeouts per game. Must b a record. He makes contact bout every what 5 abs.

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Tue May 30, 2023 9:59 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:44 pm
Yesterdays Miller blood bath was a pretty painful reality check. Let's hope we can comeback and win these next 2. We appear tp have thew match-up advantage so let's pay-it-off.
Miller has been amazing, but he's been punching above his weight class. He's about a 3.65 ERA guy in the minors. He had to come back back down to earth, and the Yankees are sluggers. It was tough to watch, but it was inevitable. Tossing 6 innings of 2 hit baseball against the A's is one thing.

As for our offense...I feel like the scene in Major League when they are reviewing the roster:

Board Member 1: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Rachel Phelps: The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.

Board Member 2: This guy here is dead!

Rachel Phelps: Cross him off, then!