Cazone and the JK return plan

D-train

Cazone and the JK return plan

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:50 pm

Here is a pretty good piece on Canzone and why he deserves to play every day and why he he won't be losing playing time to JK.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... ular-role/
dt

D-train

Re: Cazone and the JK return plan

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:56 pm

The plan sounds all well and good at first blush.

Canzone deserves to play every day so he is in LF. JK is certainly a better RFer than Teo so just move Teo to DH and and keep his hot bat in the lineup. Even as a big Ford fan I can totally see why you aren't going to bench Teo, his track record and the heater he has been on since the AS break for Mike Ford. So all makes sense and the lineup is better with JK finally back right?

Wrong. And here is why.

Because all you are doing is getting a minor upgrade defensively in RF but you are losing Ford's bat and replacing it with JK.

There was an off day on June 1st and Ford's first day on the team was June 2nd. So since the end of May JK was OPSing .630 and Ford is at .839 so you are losing 209 points of OPS. Huge downgrade.

But they aren't going to bench France and put Ford at 1st base so that is what we are looking at next week when JK returns. In with JK and out with Ford and all the kids on twitter will mindlessly cheer Golden wonder boy's triumphant return.
dt

ice99

Post by ice99 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:04 pm

I don't know, but here's the OPS vs. RHP for M's players.

OPS1.PNG
OPS1.PNG (8.7 KiB) Viewed 343 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:05 pm

You're still complaining about JK as you point out the issue is with France

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:07 pm

ice99 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:04 pm
I don't know, but here's the OPS vs. RHP for M's players.

OPS1.PNG

Yep and I bet Ford sits and Canzone, JK and France all play despite those numbers....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:09 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:05 pm
Benching France would be the move but they won't do that imo so what is changing is JK is returning. Not complaining just pointing out the flaw in the logic.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:09 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:05 pm
Benching France would be the move but they won't do that imo so what is changing is JK is returning. Not complaining just pointing out the flaw in the logic.
Exactly. Nobody would care if his spot on the team and in the lineup didn't come at somebody else's expense.

And we know Ty is one of the anointed ones, so he'll likely remain in the lineup despite the obvious being that he's not one of the 9 best against RHP.

What bothers people about Kelenics return is we know it's going to come at the expense of somebody else's playing time.

And, unfortunately, because Servais is braindead, in reality it will most likely come at the expense of Mike Ford.

If they make the right move and bench France against RHP when Kelenic is back, I won't have a problem.

But the Dipoto/Servais love affair with France is probably going to win.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:02 pm

I would actually be fine if it came at the expense of Canzone as well but he is clearly now an anointed too...
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:19 pm

Can we not bitch about a problem that hasn't occurred yet? The hot bats will play, I think that's obvious. If Canzone struggles for a stretch, he'll sit. If France struggles, he'll sit. And if Kelenic can't hit after a week of ABs, he'll lose time if the rest are all doing better. Got it? Cool

I'm so fucking tired of all the bitching. Thread after thread about "the plan" and "oh no who's going to lose time? Not Mike Ford!"

And his name is Jarred Kelenic. Not JK. Weren't not joking here.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:33 pm

Forum members can discuss whatever the F they want here with zero concern with home much it annoys you. lol
dt