Jerry biggest line of Bullshit in the entire Crock Pot of Bullshit

D-train

Jerry biggest line of Bullshit in the entire Crock Pot of Bullshit

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:51 pm

“But the reality is if what you’re doing is focusing year to year on what we have to do to win the World Series this year, you might be one of the teams that’s laying in the mud and can’t get up for another decade,” Dipoto said. “So we’re actually doing the fan base a favor [awkward chuckle] in asking for their patience to win the World Series while we continue to build a sustainably good roster.”
So we are to believe there are only two options to team building.

1. Go completely half ass bringing 5 position players that put up -0.3 WAR and signing Trevor Gott who you traded for cash mid season.

2. Do something so insane and outlandish that you won't be able to compete for an entire DECADE.

Other than Angels that signed guys to bloated deals under his watch, what team hasn't been able to compete for a DECADE due to going for a WS title???

So those are the only two options. Nothing in between. No nuance between half ass and Crazy. The Rangers and Chris Young might disagree.

The other thing he doesn't get is the vast majority of fans would HAPPILY endure a few losing seasons for a WS Title or two. But Stanton doesn't because he wants predictable sustainable revenues so it is really the owners he is doing the favor not the fans.
dt

ddraig

Re: Jerry biggest line of Bullshit in the entire Crock Pot of Bullshit

Post by ddraig » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:46 pm

DiPoto is certain he can sit on a three-legged stool that has only two legs. Most successful teams build from their Farm Systems, Trades, and Free Agency. Jerry the Schmuck thinks "Free Agency" means scraping the bottom and sides of the dumpster and using Pixie Dust to coax one or two more seasons out of guys who have already shown they are on the downside of their careers. The guy is a failure and needs to be sent packing for someone who can see you need to use Free Agency to fill obvious holes in the Clubhouse. The team can probably do without an upgrade at 1B. Give France one more year. But they do need a better than average Corner OF/DH. 2B? Yeah, we need someone there, but can Moore and Cabby do better than Frazier and Wong? We'll probably never know. I look forward to what more Dumpster Diving Jerry the Schmuck will provide us!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:50 pm

Here is the latest from his radio show. Dude literally bends over backwards to lower expectations to Death Valley levels. Good news guys we only need one more bat and it can by Teo or somebody to replace him!!!! But he did lose his marbles for a minute and said.........wait for it.......They are going to add......FROM THE OUTSIDE!!!! Holy shit I hope that doesn't get us stuck in the mud for a full DECADE! :o :shock: :o :shock:
BY BRANDON GUSTAFSON
Assistant Editor of SeattleSports.com
Less than a week after the 2023 Seattle Mariners season ended in disappointing fashion, and two days after a controversial end-of-season press conference, team president of baseball operations Jerry Dipoto hit the Seattle Sports airwaves to discuss his team falling short and what’s on tap this offseason.

Seattle Mariners’ Jerry Dipoto apologizes, clarifies comments – read what he said

After apologizing for comments from Tuesday and clarifying them to begin Thursday’s Jerry Dipoto Show, he then went through the plan to improve the Mariners’ roster after missing the playoffs.

“We are going to add from the outside,” Dipoto said. “I’ve said many, many times, we don’t hang up the phone on anything. Whether it’s free agents, it’s trades, we’re trying to find the right pieces. We’d like to find one more bat that fits in the middle of our order. That’s an important thing to for this roster.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was clearly a priority for Dipoto to mention on Thursday, as even before the questions turned to the offseason, he touched on the need to add to the roster while he was clarifying his comments from earlier in the week.

“We do feel like this roster is built to be a championship roster moving forward, and now we need to go out and we need to add more pieces and find the extra offense,” he said. “Find a way to solve some of our needs, but recognize that we continue to get better in a lot of ways.”

Dipoto stressed a few times during the interview that the Seattle Mariners have a young team that’s continuing to grow. Many of those players are younger guys the Mariners have developed internally, or at least acquired when they were young. But Dipoto also made sure to point out that Seattle has added All-Star veterans in recent years, whether through free agency with 2022 American League Cy Young Award winner Robbie Ray, the blockbuster trade and subsequent long-term extension for current ace Luis Castillo, or last year’s offseason trade for one year of slugger Teoscar Hernández, who is now set to be a free agent.

“Along the way, like we did with Luis Castillo and like we did with Robbie Ray and like frankly how it turned out with Teo, we will constantly try to add impact talent to help push us over that next level,” Dipoto said. “And sometimes it’ll be long term like (with Castillo) and sometimes it’ll be more of a short-term hit. But the goal is to consistently put as big a talent as we can out on the field because we feel like the foundation of this team is entering the peak of its potential. And we’re not doing it for a year – we want to do this for many years. We want to win championships over time.”

The Cal and J.P. comments
Something that naturally came up during the course of the conversation were the comments made by catcher Cal Raleigh and shortstop J.P. Crawford last weekend about the Mariners needing to add more talent this offseason.

“Cal has his opinions and he is free to share them. That is true of all of our players. And we don’t begrudge them that,” Dipoto said. “… He doesn’t want to walk back the idea that we need to improve and find ways to get better and to win. And with that, we were in full agreement, and I can’t express it in a different way.”

Dipoto added that players “should ask questions” about the future of the organization.

Our players need to focus on what’s happening in the moment on the field, and if along the way, me and (general manager Justin Hollander) and our front office and our scouting group can deliver them the freight train that can come through and join the middle of the lineup, I would love to do that,” he said. “But I can’t tell Cal, I can’t tell J.P., I can’t tell them we will deliver that to you because there are two roads. There are two people involved in that decision.”

Dipoto also stressed that he doesn’t believe the Mariners are far off from winning the American League West. Seattle finished 88-74 this year, two less wins than both the AL West champion Houston Astros and wild card Texas Rangers.

“We don’t have a huge gap to close,” he said. “… We need to fill out a roster that makes more sense than the one that I put together to start the season. So we’ll get back after it and do the best that we can.”

The right pieces seem to be centered around the lineup, which was very up and down in 2023.

“We’d like to find one more bat that fits in the middle of our order. That’s an important thing for this roster,” Dipoto said. “Obviously, we have to address the situation with Teo. We go into the offseason with him staring at free agency, and that’s a decision that has to be made. And minimally, that’s a spot we’ll need to fill, be it Teo or someone else. We don’t feel like there are a ton of holes on this team.”

Also regarding free agency, Dipoto seemed to allude to two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani, who is set to hit the market after spending the last six years with the Los Angeles Angels.

“I can’t tell you that we’re gonna go sign the greatest free agent that’s ever lived because I don’t know if that person is willing to be here. Every street has two ways, and we have to understand that,” Dipoto said, later adding, “Would I love to stumble into the biggest stars in the universe that are that are happy to come play in Seattle? Sure. And I think we have some. I think we have some that are developing on our roster. I know we have some All-Star-type talents that are developing in our system. And we will be diligent in our attempts to go out and acquire players like that. But teams are made up of 26 players. It’s not a one-man show. I would love, love, love to be 110-win team that’s running off like a juggernaut with stars at every position. I just don’t know that that’s possible.”

When looking back on the 2023 Mariners, Dipoto thought a “good team” fell short. He agreed with a sentiment from manager Scott Servais that the team “lacked the clutch gene.”

“The thing that we have done so well for many years … we’ve always been very good at converting the one-run wins, winning those tight games at the end and in the extra innings (with) the big hit in that big moment. We just didn’t have that gene this year,” he said. “And I don’t think it’s reflective of the talent of our players. It might be reflective of the fact that we may have been a player short on on the roster construction. And again, that’s something I need to resolve.”

Are M’s willing to trade prospects?
Dipoto was asked whether the Seattle Mariners are in a spot where they can trade some of their better prospects to help the MLB roster without depleting the farm system.

“We’re willing to cede some of that minor league talent to achieve what we want to achieve in the here and now, because we believe that our window is open,” he said. “What we won’t do is we won’t go out and make many trades that empty our system of the talent that we think is going to allow us to continue to sustain this. That’s something that we’ve all discussed. Adding big league talent and roster development, you are constantly churning, and the goal is to put the best 26-man roster that you possibly can together. And in some ways, you’re then going out and focusing on the execution.”

“But in the here in the now, we have payroll flexibility going into next year, we have talent, and it’s a matter of whether those two things line up,” Dipoto added. “I think the the idea that we have continually gotten better, we try very hard to be thoughtful in what we’re doing because we want this not just to be an exercise for 2022 and 2023. We want this to be 2024 and well beyond, and I do think that we have the talent both at the major and minor league levels to make that happen.”
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:58 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:46 pm
DiPoto is certain he can sit on a three-legged stool that has only two legs. Most successful teams build from their Farm Systems, Trades, and Free Agency. Jerry the Schmuck thinks "Free Agency" means scraping the bottom and sides of the dumpster and using Pixie Dust to coax one or two more seasons out of guys who have already shown they are on the downside of their careers. The guy is a failure and needs to be sent packing for someone who can see you need to use Free Agency to fill obvious holes in the Clubhouse. The team can probably do without an upgrade at 1B. Give France one more year. But they do need a better than average Corner OF/DH. 2B? Yeah, we need someone there, but can Moore and Cabby do better than Frazier and Wong? We'll probably never know. I look forward to what more Dumpster Diving Jerry the Schmuck will provide us!
He loves giving us the BS about FAs not wanting to come here and two way street jive. So why don't other teams have to deal with that??? Oh maybe just maybe it is because they offer them market value contracts and don't give Pressers like you did Tuesday that makes you seem like the most limp dicked org in the history of Pro Sports???
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Adding "from the outside" means he's going to check the dumpster in the alley behind the building across the street as well as the one behind Mariners HQ. My expectations have not been raised!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:08 pm

Jason Puckett calls on Stanton to Fire Jerry:
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:08 pm
Jason Puckett calls on Stanton to Fire Jerry:
All DiPoto has done is move the chairs around on the Titanic. Not that the M's ship is sinking, but he's done basically nothing to improve the product except to make it "competitive." There is a big difference between "competitive" and contender. One is a pretender. The other actually makes the playoffs many years in a row with a chance of getting to a WS. Guess which category the M's fall into!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:05 pm
Adding "from the outside" means he's going to check the dumpster in the alley behind the building across the street as well as the one behind Mariners HQ. My expectations have not been raised!
Was going to say, weren't Wong and Frasier from the outside? Didn't we spend millions on bullshit from the outside that wasn't even on the team anymore when we made our run in August? Yes, the outside means he will take scraps and expect us to understand that they had to do that because while they don't have a big payroll now? They will later....after they have missed the playoffs another three years.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 pm
ddraig wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:05 pm
Was going to say, weren't Wong and Frasier from the outside? Didn't we spend millions on bullshit from the outside that wasn't even on the team anymore when we made our run in August? Yes, the outside means he will take scraps and expect us to understand that they had to do that because while they don't have a big payroll now? They will later....after they have missed the playoffs another three years.
Yet he actually says it like it is some new revelation that fans are going to be all excited about. I am starting to think the fucker is losing his mind.
dt

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:15 pm

Stanton won't fire Jerry. Jerry probably swallows