Playoffs

Sibelius Hindemith

Playoffs

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:22 pm

So, with the top 4 regular season teams out now, how many of you actually give a damn who wins it all?

As some of you may recall from my previous posts, i despise the current format with a wildcard round that now lasts up to 5 days. The division winners' starting pitchers were clearly screwed up by the extended layoff. Either go back to the 1-game wildcard playoff or go back to having just 8 teams with no wildcard round. It's also asinine the way they insert extra off-days in the division series in order to maximize broadcast revenue.

Big_Maple

Re: Playoffs

Post by Big_Maple » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:45 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:22 pm
So, with the top 4 regular season teams out now, how many of you actually give a damn who wins it all?

As some of you may recall from my previous posts, i despise the current format with a wildcard round that now lasts up to 5 days. The division winners' starting pitchers were clearly screwed up by the extended layoff. Either go back to the 1-game wildcard playoff or go back to having just 8 teams with no wildcard round. It's also asinine the way they insert extra off-days in the division series in order to maximize broadcast revenue.
Yep., I agree. I heard some sports pundits on NPR last night speculating about the effect the WC games had on the division winners...baseball being a mostly every day sport for 162 games, and then sitting idle for 5 days waiting for the WC games to play out. Maybe they should play some scrimmage games while they're waiting. ;)

And yeah - I don't really give a tinker's cuss who wins anything from this point onward. I have hardly bother to check the scores each day. Any team as long as its not the Ass-tros.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:58 pm

I am hoping for Phillies Rangers the two big FA spenders....
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:58 pm
I am hoping for Phillies Rangers the two big FA spenders....
hahaha! Total vindication!

Spending wins championships. Boom. Mic drop.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:22 pm

That wouldn't be enough to offset the failures of the Mets and Padres, at least with regard to the likelihood that Stanton would change his approach to building the roster.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:27 pm

Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:22 pm
That wouldn't be enough to offset the failures of the Mets and Padres, at least with regard to the likelihood that Stanton would change his approach to building the roster.
Imagine thinking that you shouldn't do something with a very high success rate because it isn't 100%.

Don't go to college because not everyone graduates.
Don't live a healthy life style because you could get hit by a bus and die young anyway.
Don't be nice to people because they might not be nice back.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:34 pm

Players just don't give a Fuck anymore and it is hilarious. LOL
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:30 pm

Why is that hilarious? Isn't that an FCC violation - should've been bleeped. Normalizing that stuff is the wrong way to go. And Castellanos should get a suspension.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:56 pm

I can't think of another sport where a first round Bye would be a detriment. That said, have your pitchers fucking pitch a simulated game. Are they so damn fragile mentally that if they aren't actually throwing in a live game in a stadium with fans they aren't getting anything out of it? They have a rotation, when is there time in the rotation, have them throw a sim game if there isn't a real game. My belief is instead of that, they are "resting" to "recover from the long season" and then they aren't ready to throw and they blame rust. Fuck that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:11 pm

Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:30 pm
Why is that hilarious? Isn't that an FCC violation - should've been bleeped. Normalizing that stuff is the wrong way to go. And Castellanos should get a suspension.
LOL I don't think bad words will be the downfall of civilization.....

Just like there aren't millions more depraved individuals because they were kids that saw Janet Jackson's tit during the SB halftime show.
dt