Final Spring Training Trip/Crib thread

rockycola

Re: Final Spring Training Trip/Crib thread

Post by rockycola » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:13 pm

Mike Ford granted his release from Cincy after not making the team.
Wonder where he ends up.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 am

Well I'm curious, after you guys got a live look at these guys, who are the players you're worried about and who are you excited about?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:39 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 am
Well I'm curious, after you guys got a live look at these guys, who are the players you're worried about and who are you excited about?
Biggest takeaway for me is this. Obviously not a single one of these guys will match these numbers but outside of a few A Ball guys that probably will NEVER play an MLB game these stats here are just INSANITY. We have all seen a few guys have hot Springs every season but I have NEVER seen anything like this. Praying it carries over into the season because it probably will need to because the pen will likely have issues since Carlos freakin Vargas was the great savior all the kids on X told us he would be.

Cole Young is legit. Lazaro looks like he lost weight and is legit. Harry Ford is what we thought was. Struck out twice in live BP to a no name pitcher. He will likely struggle big time in AA with the bat but looked good at Catcher. Clase had a miscue or 2 in CF but he will be fine in a corner OF spot. Surprised he will be in AAA this season but he might rake big time in the PCL.
Screenshot 2024-03-23 7.33.05 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-23 7.33.05 AM.png (71.46 KiB) Viewed 62 times
dt