2024 Prospects thread

Donn Beach

Re: 2024 Prospects thread

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:32 am

Little more optimistic picture of france from LL if you look at his underlying numbers, of course I have no idea what they are talking about
. In the above image we can see his rolling xwOBA over the last one hundred plate appearances, with the data points being the start of the season, and his last time to the plate in Saturday’s game. Again, France is sticking to the process, and whatever the results, the underlying data shows he is performing with the best in the league, and among the unluckiest so far of the everyday players. His .160 point gulf between his SLG actual and xSLG is the ninth largest such difference in the league among players with at least fifty plate appearances. The .063 difference between his wOBA and xWOBA would rank as the 24th with the same qualifications, and out of 218 qualified players.
https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2024/4/2 ... et-to-come

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 am
A few tidbits from Modesto

Suisbel started on fire, but has cooled off. Still pretty good numbers. Not super high on him as a prospect, but could be a dark horse

Arroyo doing well. Hit a HR tonight.273/.832. I like him as a possible 2B or UT in a few years

Aiden Smith doing well .275/.893 probably the least talked about of all the HS hitters drafted last year, but outperforming most of them

Izzi with a great start.5 scoreless, 6 K, ERA at 2.25.

Emerson must be hurt almost 2 weeks since he played.

Farmelo, Peete and Montes all doing OK, but nothing remarkable early in the season numbers wise.

Gough also with a good start 2.57 ERA

Anyone know what’s up with Walter ford?

Brayan Perez is in the bullpen, looks good so far. Michael Limoncelli has pitched 2 innings. He was drafted forever ago, had Tj right before the draft iirc
Emerson is hurt. Oblique. I hope it isn't another case like Celestin where a kid barely old enough to drive is out for MONTHs with a non contact injury.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 am
A few tidbits from Modesto

Suisbel started on fire, but has cooled off. Still pretty good numbers. Not super high on him as a prospect, but could be a dark horse

Arroyo doing well. Hit a HR tonight.273/.832. I like him as a possible 2B or UT in a few years

Aiden Smith doing well .275/.893 probably the least talked about of all the HS hitters drafted last year, but outperforming most of them

Izzi with a great start.5 scoreless, 6 K, ERA at 2.25.

Emerson must be hurt almost 2 weeks since he played.

Farmelo, Peete and Montes all doing OK, but nothing remarkable early in the season numbers wise.

Gough also with a good start 2.57 ERA

Anyone know what’s up with Walter ford?

Brayan Perez is in the bullpen, looks good so far. Michael Limoncelli has pitched 2 innings. He was drafted forever ago, had Tj right before the draft iirc
Can't find anything on Walter. He hasn't posted on X since March 15th. Has to be hurt though.

Yep a lot of hype and very little results out of the recent draft picks. I totally jinxed Montes.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 am
Everett is the least interesting team I remember in a long time. Not anyone I see that is likely to be on the MLB or has a super high ceiling. Most interesting prospect to me is Michael Morales. Good start to the season with 17 innings, 15 Ks and 2.6 ERA. Let’s see if it continues.
I saw he is having a good start. My reverse jinx finally coming through. I am glad I stuck to the process instead of focusing on the results....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:16 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:32 am
Little more optimistic picture of france from LL if you look at his underlying numbers, of course I have no idea what they are talking about
. In the above image we can see his rolling xwOBA over the last one hundred plate appearances, with the data points being the start of the season, and his last time to the plate in Saturday’s game. Again, France is sticking to the process, and whatever the results, the underlying data shows he is performing with the best in the league, and among the unluckiest so far of the everyday players. His .160 point gulf between his SLG actual and xSLG is the ninth largest such difference in the league among players with at least fifty plate appearances. The .063 difference between his wOBA and xWOBA would rank as the 24th with the same qualifications, and out of 218 qualified players.
https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2024/4/2 ... et-to-come
Is France still considered a prospect though? lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:11 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 am
Everett is the least interesting team I remember in a long time. Not anyone I see that is likely to be on the MLB or has a super high ceiling. Most interesting prospect to me is Michael Morales. Good start to the season with 17 innings, 15 Ks and 2.6 ERA. Let’s see if it continues.
For the most part yes but Williamson is raking with a .353/.959. He should be looking at housing options in Arkansas.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 am
In Arkansas, ford has picked things up. 2-5 with a HR today.

Logan Evans with 5 scoreless and 8 Ks today.

Locklear continues to be steady. I think he’s our 1B next year, and maybe at some point this year, at least backup if Raley doesn’t figure it out.

Young is doing OK, but I expect it to be a bit up and down this year, I thought it was pretty aggressive to start him in Ark so quickly. Probably good for him to be challenged though
Harry has got hot and Cole turned is cold resulting in the both having about the same OPS of .627 and .638 respectively.....They are young for AA and it is early but not very exciting numbers for our top 2 prospects...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:19 pm

This guy is a senior citizen in Modesto. Going to be 24 yo mid Summer but he has been raking. Kick him up to Everett and let him sink or swim. Perhaps he can get to the State where he went to college by the end of the season.

https://www.milb.com/player/caleb-cali-687730
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 am
In Arkansas, ford has picked things up. 2-5 with a HR today.

Logan Evans with 5 scoreless and 8 Ks today.

Locklear continues to be steady. I think he’s our 1B next year, and maybe at some point this year, at least backup if Raley doesn’t figure it out.

Young is doing OK, but I expect it to be a bit up and down this year, I thought it was pretty aggressive to start him in Ark so quickly. Probably good for him to be challenged though
Harry has got hot and Cole turned is cold resulting in the both having about the same OPS of .627 and .638 respectively.....They are young for AA and it is early but not very exciting numbers for our top 2 prospects...
We’ll see. A defensive 3B with 1 HR in 115 AB? Not really something I’m overly excited about. He was a second rounder, but got 4th round money. Unless he somehow starts to develop power, I don’t see him in Seattle
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm

He hit 12 in 263 PAs in college but yeah that is definitely light.
dt