Divish is a trip

D-train

Divish is a trip

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:06 am

I make an innocuous post about RVS yesterday. A 25 year old that had a great season in Everett. I say I bet he gets at least a COUPLE starts. Ok maybe a jump from A ball to the bigs over the course of a season is a bit much but HARDLY unprecedented. Bryan Woo LITERALLY did it last season!

Everyone knows that the starter depth is weak at best and Woo won't be able to pitch the entire season.

And he feels compelled to challenge me to a bet. :lol:
dt

D-train

Re: Divish is a trip

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:35 am

In 2022 Woo made 7 starts in Everett as a 22 yo and last season made 18 starts for the Ms as a 23 yo.

RVS is now 25 yo and made 25 starts last season for Everett but I guess it is impossible he will make his MLB debut at age 25 this season.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:06 pm

Where does Van Scoter fall in the ranking of pitching prospects?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:36 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:06 pm
He is unranked. Just like Dugger, McCaugan, Milone, Easton McGee and Margevicius who have gotten starts starts the past few seasons. He is George Kirby relative to those jokers.

He just pitched 6 innings in ST and only gave up 3 hits, no walks, no runs and struck out 11 of 21 Batters faced. Yet fans are more infatuated with trash like Vargas and the recently deceased Kowar because they throw harder...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 pm

If this season proved anything, playoff contenders need more than five starters to get through the season. We saw the Mariners call up Easton McGee, Darren McCaughan, Bryce Miller, Bryan Woo, and Emerson Hancock to survive injuries in the rotation. If we are looking for comps, VanScoter mirrors McCaughan in repitore, approach, and ability. Look for the Mariners to start VanScoter in Arkansas. He'll have a chance to finish 2024 in Tacoma and might be one of the first arms called up if a spot starter is needed late in the year.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:35 pm

Maybe you should show that quote to Divish. But then he would change the terms of his proposed wager to having you sign over all your possessions to him and leave the country if he won the bet. :lol:

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:36 pm
He is unranked. Just like Dugger, McCaugan, Milone, Easton McGee and Margevicius who have gotten starts starts the past few seasons. He is George Kirby relative to those jokers.

He just pitched 6 innings in ST and only gave up 3 hits, no walks, no runs and struck out 11 of 21 Batters faced. Yet fans are more infatuated with trash like Vargas and the recently deceased Kowar because they throw harder...
Hancock and Joyce are likely ahead of him, and if Dollard gets healthy he will be too
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:18 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:05 pm
D-train wrote:

Hancock and Joyce are likely ahead of him, and if Dollard gets healthy he will be too
Hancock yes, Joyce maybe, would be shocked if Dollard is healthy enough long enough and performs well enough to be a better option. Assuming Hancock takes over for Woo, then just one injury and he probably gets the call. Sticking with my 2 start estimate for him.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:18 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:05 pm
D-train wrote:

Hancock yes, Joyce maybe, would be shocked if Dollard is healthy enough long enough and performs well enough to be a better option. Assuming Hancock takes over for Woo, then just one injury and he probably gets the call. Sticking with my 2 start estimate for him.
Joyce will get the call up before him would be my bet.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:51 pm

Here is my original tweet. I take the over on 1.5 starts for RVS for the M's in 2024. Can't fathom being so convinced on the under that you would bet on it.
dt