4\8 GT: kerfuffle of the hoser M's vs. the Hog Town biffed its, eh?

rockycola

4\8 GT: kerfuffle of the hoser M's vs. the Hog Town biffed its, eh?

Post by rockycola » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:04 am

This clash of two 4-6 underwhelming and underperforming misfit AAAA baseball teams could be as frustrating and messy as cheap, flimsy, off-brand single ply toilet tissue. Hey! New catch phrase idea: "Our Mariners: Cheap, flimsy and messy; an off-brand baseball collective, built by Jerry Dipoto".

Canada's only MLB franchise sports a -17 run differential while Seattle sits at -21 (31 RS ~ 52 RA).
A bright side is we're not the 2-8 Colorado Rockies. They've scored 42 runs, 11 more than the M's but their run diff. is -34 :!: . You do the math.

Lineups to be posted sometime, maybe, do we care? Later.....

First pitch: 4:07 P.M. pst.

Luis.png
~
Yep, Emerald City is about 4000 clicks from the 6ix, eh. Sorry (Canucks say "sorry" a lot). If I failed miserably at trying to sound Canadian or if my mockery is politically and/or culturally incorrect, my excuse is, "Whaddya expect, I'm a Mariner fan".

Team comparison:
Mariners: .213 \ .276 \ .313 \ .589 7HR's 103K's
BlueJays: .193 \ .299 \ .327 \ .627 9HR's 77K's
~
4.8.24Lineups.png
4.8.24Lineups.png (55.19 KiB) Viewed 116 times
Attachments
Jose.png
Last edited by rockycola on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

D-train

Re: 4\8 GT: kerfuffle of the hoser M's vs. the Hog Town biffed its, eh?

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:19 am

Some hard hitting content from the Seattle Sports media here. To be fair they have addressed the shit start but this is just goofy to write an article on this.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:30 am

100 mph fastballs are overrated. The Mariners' batters can testify to that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:00 pm

Interesting, I would rather the media didn't feel obligated to restrict themselves to reporting on how shitty the team is for the next six months

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:10 pm

rockycola wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:04 am
This clash of two 4-6 underwhelming and underperforming misfit AAAA baseball teams could be as frustrating and messy as cheap, flimsy, off-brand single ply toilet tissue. Hey! New catch phrase idea: "Our Mariners: Cheap, flimsy and messy; an off-brand baseball collective, built by Jerry Dipoto".

Canada's only MLB franchise sports a -17 run differential while Seattle sits at -21 (31 RS ~ 52 RA).
A bright side is we're not the 2-8 Colorado Rockies. They've scored 42 runs, 11 more than the M's but their run diff. is -34 :!: . You do the math.

Lineups to be posted sometime, maybe, do we care? Later.....

First pitch: 4:07 P.M. pst.

Luis.png
~
Yep, Emerald City is about 4000 clicks from the 6ix, eh. Sorry (Canucks say "sorry" a lot). If I failed miserably at trying to sound Canadian or if my mockery is politically and/or culturally incorrect, my excuse is, "Whaddya expect, I'm a Mariner fan".

Team comparison:
Mariners: .213 \ .276 \ .313 \ .589 7HR's 103K's
BlueJays: .193 \ .299 \ .327 \ .627 9HR's 77K's
~
It's hard for me to classify the blue Jays and their $250 mil payroll as AAAA. They have Don mattingly as the offensive coordinator, see how that works out

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:47 pm

What struck me about those stats was that despite the Jays offense also sucking, the M's have 34% more Ks in a season following a huge push to reduce Ks. What a joke.
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:25 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:00 pm
Interesting, I would rather the media didn't feel obligated to restrict themselves to reporting on how shitty the team is for the next six months
I agree. It’s disheartening to get our asses kicked and turn relive the lowlights.

But then again, it’s social media which, I gather, is not a bastion of positivity.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:00 pm
I assume there will be a few good moments so why would they ignore those. A 40 mph pitch by a position with his second appearance in 10 games isn't one of those...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:00 pm

First of all, Good job to the GT starters starting the next days thread early. It allows for the perfect place to put last nights recap or the game day news.

This is why SS has to go. They bring in a OC, preach about cutting down strikeouts and a new hitting philosophy which is basically just changing the name of the control the zone BS a 3rd time and this is the results. Other teams doing it and we aren't. Epic Fail. Time to go pal.
“You have got to credit the Brewers,” Servais said after the game, noting Hancock is young and learning. “They were some kind of disciplined this whole series. I’m really impressed. They have a young team, they did not chase. There were a number of edge pitches in this series the Brewers just didn’t swing at.”

It’s an approach Servais and coaches have been emphasizing with their own hitters for some time now. Lay off the edge pitches you can’t do much with, and you could be rewarded with better pitches to hit – as the Brewers were – or by getting ahead in the count should the edge pitch travel out of the zone and is called a ball.

The fact that the Brewers were doing what the Mariners should be doing did not get by Servais.

“It is something you pride yourself in when you have a group that is buying in like that,” he said. “We haven’t been there – yet. We certainly have the capability of doing that but you have to be very disciplined in buying into an approach. They did it today and we weren’t able to do it.”
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:00 pm
First of all, Good job to the GT starters starting the next days thread early. It allows for the perfect place to put last nights recap or the game day news.

This is why SS has to go. They bring in a OC, preach about cutting down strikeouts and a new hitting philosophy which is basically just changing the name of the control the zone BS a 3rd time and this is the results. Other teams doing it and we aren't. Epic Fail. Time to go pal.
I have been down with firing Scotty for a while now. He and his staff are squandering talent and he has a perpetually constipated look of befuddlement on his face no matter what happens on the field.

Next year we could go with Alex Cora. Or even Skip Schumaker after the Marlin's didn't renew his contract.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/ ... maker.html