A Small Rant

D-train

Re: A Small Rant

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:56 pm
If being a fan is contributing to the issue then stop being a fan. Seems funny to me to watch the games on television, attend spring training and then complain about someone actually going to a game as being the problem.
I was just stating why a lot of people go. I know the Mariners had to have had Market Research Focus groups and that is the feedback that they received. A lot of fans want an amusement park experience and the baseball game is just one of many attractions...might not even be the most important one.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:13 pm

Sure, but you don't think viewing the games through a provider isn't part of their market research? If you don't want to be an enabler then quit watching the games. I just think it's funny blaming other fans as being the problem.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:51 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:13 pm
Sure, but you don't think viewing the games through a provider isn't part of their market research? If you don't want to be an enabler then quit watching the games. I just think it's funny blaming other fans as being the problem.
Like telling an alcoholic to just quick drinking. Besides my $149 donation with a Boston IP address isn't providing them with much.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm

Seby has been a stud so far. So predictable.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:16 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Good thing we carried a third catcher. Would've been a real shame to lose Garvers mashing bat at DH if he got hurt by having him catch once a week.........

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:37 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:16 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Good thing we carried a third catcher. Would've been a real shame to lose Garvers mashing bat at DH if he got hurt by having him catch once a week.........
And then they have him working out at 1B last night. Just a complete joke of an org.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:46 pm

Team is playing like complete dogshit and all this joker cares about is the color of the uniforms....
dt

OLdvanDawg

Post by OLdvanDawg » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:06 am

Stanton is a business man, not a baseball man, so as long as they are profitable, they are a success. SS and DP help make them profitable so they aren’t going anywhere soon, even though I think that is part of the M’s problem. If the fans stop coming to the games, Stanton will “have to cut payroll” to stay profitable so the next round of players will be even worse. Julio will go with the next cost cutting session.
Also, when does early end? We are 10% done with the season and on pace for 100 losses.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:17 am

One of the advantages of getting your Mariners coverage via Fubo is that the committment is month-to-month. I wonder how many fans will decide they'd rather save the $90 or whatever and cancel their subscription?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:12 pm

At what point, again, do we actually start blaming the fuckers making millions to hit under the Mendoza line and strike out at epic rates? Does anyone really think they are not to blame, that the coaching is that poor that they now can't hit? I realize I don't coach at the Major League level, but coaching these days is a fucking nightmare. They have all watched 75 million TikToks and YouTube videos and have all the answers. They are paying some out of work ex college player to break down there swing because he has a cage in his garage. Hell, one of my kids goes to D Bats in Yakima. I looked it up. The three softball instructors there are the YVC Coach, who has been there for decades and never wins, some woman who's claim to fame is that she was the first female scout for the Mariners (yeah, I'm sure she chose to leave that job to coach in Yakima), and some kid that plays at CWU and is hitting .165! BUT? They get paid to coach up hitters, so must know everything. We have first team All Leagures who have come back and are lost at the plate, and have so much imformation in their head they can't get out of their own way. The Mariner players are un-coachable is a must better explanation than the coaches suck this bad. Blame the hitting coach? Maybe there are better options, but how many times are we going to scapegoat the hitting coach?

I imagine if we fired the coaches and the GM, none of this changes. MLB ball players are fucking sissies, and when they tattoo a few balls here and they don't go out? It breaks their fragile little egos. So? Instead of making an adjustment? They swing harder. I couldn't imagine trying to coach Julio right now, or for that matter any of them. I'm sure they all know everything there is to know, they just can't apply it because they are spoiled little babies.

We need a better team psychiatrist, not a better hitting coach.