desbcoach

Re: Two Mikes and a D-Train Game thread

Post by desbcoach » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

seth8734 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 am
Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 am
That was a good win.
Hancock had another quality start. And the DBacks have a good team and a lineup.
The offense did not have a good average or OBP tonight but they slugged. 3 HRs and a big slice of clusterluck with the grand slam from Mitch H.

Hancock has 4 quality starts and 1 horrible start. If he keeps on putting up QS he will have his trade value rise. Tonight 6 innings 2 hits 2 walks 1 run against a top lineup. #1 in scoring 5.7 runs a game.

A good game keep it going!

And Josh Rojas has been a pretty good player as a Mariner.
Next start will be very very tough. An Elite Elite team in the Braves. Hoping to at least take 1 or 2 from them. That series scares me. That and the Dodgers. Everyone else not so much!
Atlanta pitching staff has ran into an injury or two tho. Lineup is tough tho

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:27 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am
And Houston is still 7-19 :P
We have 2 series against Houston next month. Let’s bury them.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm

The Astros have had their rotation decimated to start the year. Verlander and Valdez both have been down. They could be healed up about the time we meet. I want to crush them….but that doesn’t always work

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

Post game comments from Servais

[/quote]As much fun as grand salami time is—rye bread, mustard, things of that nature—Servais and Haniger were both careful to note postgame that Haniger didn’t walk to the plate thinking homer, instead focusing on trying to get a pitch he could drive far enough to get the run in from third and stay out of the double play. In doing so, Haniger laid off three splitters—one very borderline in the aforementioned amorphous zone—to force McGough to come onto the plate with a fastball: something he could drive, and he did.[/quote]

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm
Post game comments from Servais

As much fun as grand salami time is—rye bread, mustard, things of that nature—Servais and Haniger were both careful to note postgame that Haniger didn’t walk to the plate thinking homer, instead focusing on trying to get a pitch he could drive far enough to get the run in from third and stay out of the double play. In doing so, Haniger laid off three splitters—one very borderline in the aforementioned amorphous zone—to force McGough to come onto the plate with a fastball: something he could drive, and he did.[/quote]
[/quote]

Good. I also notice Julio is taking more singles to right field with 2 strikes.

I've never understood that... hitting .170 and trying to pull 2 strike sliders or pitches on the corner with a gap the size of a football field on the right side of the field. But hey, I'm not a hitting coach.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm

It was a great at bat. Go M’s