Your Best Guess: What IS Jerry Going To Do?

AZOldDawg

Your Best Guess: What IS Jerry Going To Do?

Post by AZOldDawg » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:41 am

I give. I don’t have a clue anymore

Bil522

Re: Your Best Guess: What IS Jerry Going To Do?

Post by Bil522 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:53 am

Well here is a rumor......Vlad?

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1779201/ ... ys-heyman/

Of course with it being Heyman, the sources could have been a couple of roaches....named Jerry and Justin

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:13 am

I think this is what should happen: Colt E and Lazzarro Montez are untouchable:
The M’s have 6 other top 100’s and another 6-10 that are top 100 adjacent: think Dawes Joseph the top IFA and a couple of the draft picks. Jeter Martinez and a few other guys.

1. Go get Lamont Wade Jr. .304 .428 .408 .836 146 OPS+ he is not a perfect player. He only has 3 HR in 70 games this year and he maxed out at 18. He is having his best year which is scary but he has had some other decent years a 120 and a 117 OPS+. He is more of a table setter than a “straw the stirs the drink” as Reggie a former Oakland A used to say. 1-2 top 100s and it is pitching that leads I am thinking the 1st Rd switch pitcher Leads the way. And Tyler Locklear. Then a few top 30 types. We only get him for 1.5 years

2. The big bat is Brent Rooker. I know he is not a Ohtani/Soto/Judge level bat but those guys are not available. .291 .370 .578 .948 169 In 88 games
Both the giants and the A‘s need pitching and that’s where Oakland lands our best SP prospect Top 100 Logan Evan’s. They also get a top 100 adjacent guy in Troy Taylor. (Closer with a 1+ ERA best BP arm) Another top 100 adjacent guy in former top 100 Emerson Hancock, another top 100 adjacent guy in Brody Hopkins who in 17 starts is giving up just over 6 hits/9I.P., 0.2 HR/9IP, and 10+K’s per nine innings pitched. and Cole Young M’s #1 prospect.

3. Brent Lowe*/ Isaac Paredes
Last edited by Pharmabro on Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sports Hernia

Post by Sports Hernia » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:40 am

Nothing. Everything is fine, just some bad luck. 30th in BA is just a fluke. /s
Founding member of the John Stanton hate club.

Sports Hernia

Post by Sports Hernia » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:41 am

I like Rooker.
Founding member of the John Stanton hate club.

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:26 am

That could be why no trades have happened yet - I'm sure clubs are demanding both the guys you said are untouchable.

I think he trades with Tampa for both Paredes and Arozarena. Will be costly and thus that will be all we do.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:37 pm

I honestly don't think he will do much of anything. There are too many buyers and not enough sellers so the price is going to be higher than Jerry is willing to pay. He will give some line about not mortgaging the future and tell the fan base that he is doing them a favor. :roll:

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:25 pm

He will make ONE move in an effort to save his job aka Vlad and then brag about how great his idea was.

I don't even want BIG names at this point just average baseball players that can score 3-4 runs / game.

We have the PITCHING do something in September and maybe October. This team is not completely broken.

JRod and JP will return within the month of August.

BUT at least Haniger and Polanco have to GO! Which means we need a 2nd baseman and an outfielder with pop.

Jerry is too much a pussy to admit he completely screwed up and then try to correct it imho.

What's the deal with Santos now? Our bullpen was shaky to begin with. :roll:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:11 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:37 pm
I honestly don't think he will do much of anything. There are too many buyers and not enough sellers so the price is going to be higher than Jerry is willing to pay. He will give some line about not mortgaging the future and tell the fan base that he is doing them a favor. :roll:
And he'd be right. What if people are sitting there saying for any of the names out there, that they are demanding Colt E, Montez and 2 more in our top 5 or 10 prospects all for that 1 bat. Would you do it?? Funny thing is that if he does make a move, he will get both praise/hatred for it cause it will be a steep price so there will be quite a few saying he gave away too much for that player and those that are glad we made some kind of move.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:23 pm

Lamda wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:11 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:37 pm
And he'd be right. What if people are sitting there saying for any of the names out there, that they are demanding Colt E, Montez and 2 more in our top 5 or 10 prospects all for that 1 bat. Would you do it?? Funny thing is that if he does make a move, he will get both praise/hatred for it cause it will be a steep price so there will be quite a few saying he gave away too much for that player and those that are glad we made some kind of move.
For vlad, sure. For anyone actually available, I wouldn’t.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez