Tradability of our top five prospects

DavidGee24

Tradability of our top five prospects

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:30 pm

And look at this from a performance standpoint, not rating. Julio and JK were close to being equally rated and look at how it's turned out thus far.

1) Cole Young - not really impressed with his bat thus far. An .848 OPS in A ball and a .745 OPS in AA ball? Good BB/K ratio, but I'd add him in a trade for a premium bat.

2) Harry Ford - great OBP of .406 in the minors, but only a .832 OPS to go with it? I'd include him in a trade for a premium bat.

3) Colt Emerson - after crushing rookie league ball, he's doing quite well at Modesto at 19. I'd want to keep him.

4) Lazarus Montes - not doing so hot at Everett, but before that he was progressing very well. I'd want to keep him.

5) Felnin Celestin - surprised he's ranked 5 considering all the hype he's gotten and he's lived up to it this far. I'd want to keep him.

I'd definitely include Young or Ford as a centerpiece to a Vlad Guerrero trade. Obviously you'd have to sweeten that pot with at least Emerson Hancock and another really good prospect, but I'd do it.

As for other names like Luis Robert, I guess I'd include Young or Ford, but much beyond that is a hard sell.

D-train

Re: Tradability of our top five prospects

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:36 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:30 pm
And look at this from a performance standpoint, not rating. Julio and JK were close to being equally rated and look at how it's turned out thus far.

1) Cole Young - not really impressed with his bat thus far. An .848 OPS in A ball and a .745 OPS in AA ball? Good BB/K ratio, but I'd add him in a trade for a premium bat.

2) Harry Ford - great OBP of .406 in the minors, but only a .832 OPS to go with it? I'd include him in a trade for a premium bat.

3) Colt Emerson - after crushing rookie league ball, he's doing quite well at Modesto at 19. I'd want to keep him.

4) Lazarus Montes - not doing so hot at Everett, but before that he was progressing very well. I'd want to keep him.

5) Felnin Celestin - surprised he's ranked 5 considering all the hype he's gotten and he's lived up to it this far. I'd want to keep him.

I'd definitely include Young or Ford as a centerpiece to a Vlad Guerrero trade. Obviously you'd have to sweeten that pot with at least Emerson Hancock and another really good prospect, but I'd do it.

As for other names like Luis Robert, I guess I'd include Young or Ford, but much beyond that is a hard sell.
Can't believe how many injuries Felnin has had already given he is so young. Scary.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:36 pm
Can't believe how many injuries Felnin has had already given he is so young. Scary.
Hopefully they're just the fluky kind and not a bum knee or anything like that.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:52 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:44 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:36 pm
Hopefully they're just the fluky kind and not a bum knee or anything like that.
Nothing I’d be concerned with long term, just hope it doesn’t hamper development
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:32 pm

Felnin Celesten gets injured just getting out of bed in the morning so he's at the top of my list to trade.

And by the way, Dawel Joseph, the big international signing from this last signing period, can't hit at all. He's in rookie ball in the DSL, which is basically high school level, and he has no clue what to do with the bat. This has to be one of the biggest misses ever from this organization. So with Celesten basically unable to play for more than a few weeks at a time, and Joseph evidently not understanding that hitting is part of the game, that's two years in a row of misses with your top international signing.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:33 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:32 pm
Felnin Celesten gets injured just getting out of bed in the morning so he's at the top of my list to trade.

And by the way, Dawel Joseph, the big international signing from this last signing period, can't hit at all. He's in rookie ball in the DSL, which is basically high school level, and he has no clue what to do with the bat. This has to be one of the biggest misses ever from this organization. So with Celesten basically unable to play for more than a few weeks at a time, and Joseph evidently not understanding that hitting is part of the game, that's two years in a row of misses with your top international signing.
They can afford it with the giant hit in Julio. Although nothing seems to be going right with anybody.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:55 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:33 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:32 pm

They can afford it with the giant hit in Julio. Although nothing seems to be going right with anybody.
I guess that's one way to look at it. I mean, I think with Celesten it's just sort of unfortunate that he keeps getting injured but at least it doesn't seem to be a miss in terms of talent evaluation. It's bad luck, but it wasn't a mistake, or it doesn't seem like it was. But I don't get the miss on Dawel Joseph. I know they have limited views of these guys but they must have had some notion of the player's strengths and weaknesses.

OLdvanDawg

Post by OLdvanDawg » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:48 pm

If Dawal Joseph has no clue at the plate, they need to call him up to the majors. He’d fit right in with the offense we have now!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:50 pm

Where do you get the information on Dawal Joseph's hitting?

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:03 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:50 pm
Where do you get the information on Dawal Joseph's hitting?
Look up his stats. He’s hitting.126.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez