Garver getting death threats

D-train

Garver getting death threats

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:06 pm

dt

D-train

Re: Garver getting death threats

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:09 pm

Of course hundreds of fans are falling all over themselves to say death threats are wrong for virtue signaling purposes. So you are anti death threat? What a great person you are! :roll:

Probably pissed off gambling addicts that will just keep doing it.

btw why would an athlete all strangers to DM them??? So easy to prevent it.
dt

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:06 pm
He does suck and should retire, but there are 24 million reasons why he won’t.

"Certainly not going to quit this. I could happily retire right now, go home and live a great life with my family.” I am a big fan of people doing what would make them happy, maybe Mitch starts doing what is best for his family? He is not doing what is best for the Mariners family at the moment.

Mentally he is clearly not up to the challenge. If this is how he genuinely feels then he should step back, ditch the rest of his 2024 money (he says he doesn’t need it) get the help he needs to avoid spiralling towards very dark places and then come back in 2025 fit and ready to go.

Will he do that? No, it’s easier to take the money but blame everyone and everything else other than take responsibility for his poor performance.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:55 pm

I think the haters feel they are being motivational and maybe they are
The only way I change it is if I play better
I don't read it as blaming others for his poor performance

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:41 pm

Maybe he needs to change whatever he is doing to prepare for games, because it ain't working.

Can't believe we're stuck with another full season of him and Haniger.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:56 pm

He did change it, he went back to catching. Before when he hit well he was catching, then the Mariners made him a dh. Believe his hitting began to improve when he began catching again but it didn't stick

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:55 pm
I think the haters feel they are being motivational and maybe they are
The only way I change it is if I play better
I don't read it as blaming others for his poor performance
Well he now has the death threats to blame for the rest of the seasons under performance.

“I think I bring a lot to this team” he also says, which is also deluded nonsense.

This was a poorly crafted and careless PR attempt from him, Divish or others. It is very badly executed, filled with phrases they think will attract sympathy, empathy and concern about him struggling and wanting to improve. I’d rather see him shut the fuck up and get on with proving the doubters wrong and justify that enormous (for us) salary. Take Polanco, he is definitely beginning to turn it around without this “fighting back his emotions” BS.

I hope he does, there was a point in June I think it was when I was starting to turn around my view.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:35 pm

When he talks about bringing value I believe he means what he brings to catcher and pitching. Even at the beginning of the season when he was strictly a DH he was still active with the other catchers and pitchers, something I thought showed some character at the time. Terms of shutting up, it's considered part of a players duty to face the press after games, particularly bad ones, PR. And the medias job is to generate content out of it so is fans can bitch about it. Sure the media is sympathetic, he's talking to them, making their jobs easier. It's the players that don't talk to the press that get the negative treatment. Don't know how good Polancos English is, and I get the feeling he isn't very outgoing. He could talk to the press but doesn't give them anything to work into stories like Garver does. Garver is a good interview

Mesully11

Post by Mesully11 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:29 pm

So now he is a back up, journey man catcher. That's his role and it has some value if he is used that way.
Who cares how much he makes let better hitters DH.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:41 pm

Garver is crushing lefties and Haniger is crushing righties (oddly)...

They should just have Garver catch on days where a lefty is pitching and give him the occasional DH against lefties. Have Haniger occasionally DH against righties. Instead, they continue to force Haniger and Garver to hit the dexterity that's caused them issues. Haniger has an OPS+ of like 9 against lefties this year.