Are the Hawks waiting to trade for.. .. Clowney?

IStillLoveTheMs

Re: Are the Hawks waiting to trade for.. .. Clowney?

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:26 pm
ThePro wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:32 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:11 pm
Griffin played 11 games and had 5.5 sacks and 5 tackles for a loss. Not terrible, and the mental health issues were the first 5 games, right?

No doubt Clowney would be the better player, but would also come at a higher price. There was some speculation on the cost to us, Brock even threw out there Justin Britt as a trade piece. It was all just speculation.
Like he's over the mental health issues... No thanks
Seems like it was a strange deal. "Mental Health issues" could be nothing more than depression that was remedied with medication.

If they give up a mid round pick for a guy that plays like Griffin didn't in 2017 it would be an absolute steal.
He freaked out in a hotel. Apparently he told people someone was trying to kill him for a short time and threatened to shoot people in a hotel with a gun he had on him if they didn't let him into his room. He apparently had multiple manic episodes with hotel staff during his stay.

He also had multiple episodes at home where he would leave in the middle of the night to combat the demons in his head. One evening, he tried to break into Trae Wayne's home while shirtless and was picked up at a gas station by a stranger... when police were called he was telling them about the numbers "777," "angels" and that "God made him" do what he was doing.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Not that there's anything wrong with that..........
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm
With that bullshit not a chance.. Would you want to play with that guy? Talk about a distraction.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 pm

57reasons wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:29 pm
Yes, i also heard speculation that Houston might be looking for a vet in addition to the draft pick - needing OL and WR, neither of which really aligns very well with our depth at them moment given all the injuries. trading Britt at this point would be a backward step creating a new hole in exchange for the hope of plugging the pr hole - have simply not seen enough from Pocic to be confident in him there yet, though i have been encouraged to see him playing there this preseason (more than at G, where we already know he is subpar).
As for Griffen, i think Clayton opined that he could be had for middle-round pick, and of course for less money, so an intriguing alternative if the Texans drive too hard a bargain. but far less upside of course.
I would prefer to see Joey Hunt at center rather than Pocic. Although who knows, Britt was pretty bad at RT and G before moving to C.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 am

ThePro wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm
With that bullshit not a chance.. Would you want to play with that guy? Talk about a distraction.
You must not be a Seinfeld fan....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 am

I don't know...that is what his teammates are saying...
“He is a man on a mission,’’ defensive end Stephen Weatherly said via the Pioneer Press. “He’s coming for everything and more. He’s motivated, he’s driven. He’s back in front leading the group, and we’re going to go as far as he goes.’’

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:26 pm
ThePro wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Like he's over the mental health issues... No thanks
Seems like it was a strange deal. "Mental Health issues" could be nothing more than depression that was remedied with medication.

If they give up a mid round pick for a guy that plays like Griffin didn't in 2017 it would be an absolute steal.
He freaked out in a hotel. Apparently he told people someone was trying to kill him for a short time and threatened to shoot people in a hotel with a gun he had on him if they didn't let him into his room. He apparently had multiple manic episodes with hotel staff during his stay.

He also had multiple episodes at home where he would leave in the middle of the night to combat the demons in his head. One evening, he tried to break into Trae Wayne's home while shirtless and was picked up at a gas station by a stranger... when police were called he was telling them about the numbers "777," "angels" and that "God made him" do what he was doing.
weird, have a close family member with similar, but permanent, issues - in his manic stages he is also obsessed with the number 7. in that light, retract my previousr statement that Griffen is a viable alternative.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 pm

So, all of those years of production and then he just snapped? Or did he need medication?

I am not saying trade for him, but I am also not willing to say he isn't an option. For crying out loud, he is at least as talented if not more talented than McDowell. Who was said to be lazy and not willing to work. I don't think Griffin's issue is work ethic. If he is off his rocker he is going to be out of the league soon enough, and I doubt we are going to trade for him without evaluating him. If he was a psycho that was beyond help, why was he able to make a return last year?

My guess is if the NFL decided that every player that had a mental issue and needed to be medicated wasn't worth a shot we would be missing a TON of players. Many said Frank Clark has to be a woman beater because of what they read about him, wanted him nowhere near the league. I think that pick turned out alright.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:07 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 pm
So, all of those years of production and then he just snapped? Or did he need medication?

I am not saying trade for him, but I am also not willing to say he isn't an option. For crying out loud, he is at least as talented if not more talented than McDowell. Who was said to be lazy and not willing to work. I don't think Griffin's issue is work ethic. If he is off his rocker he is going to be out of the league soon enough, and I doubt we are going to trade for him without evaluating him. If he was a psycho that was beyond help, why was he able to make a return last year?

My guess is if the NFL decided that every player that had a mental issue and needed to be medicated wasn't worth a shot we would be missing a TON of players. Many said Frank Clark has to be a woman beater because of what they read about him, wanted him nowhere near the league. I think that pick turned out alright.
Little different what happened to Clark and Everson Griffin issues.. Very poor comparison.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:01 am

At this point who would you rather have a disgruntled Trent Williams or Clowney?