Andrew Luck Retiring?

ThePro

Re: Andrew Luck Retiring?

Post by ThePro » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:38 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm

And how many more times did Luck drop back to pass? 100? 200? 300? wasn't Luck top five in passing last year behind one of the worst lines?
Indianapolis had one of the best lines (possibly the best) in football last year and a great defense.

You've always been a Willson hater.. nothing new here.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:26 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:28 am
In pass-heavy offenses, defenses can go after the QB with greater abandon. Plus, Luck wasn't all that mobile. He needed a better pass-blocking line than Wilson for those two reasons.
And he obviously had one.
And how many more times did Luck drop back to pass? 100? 200? 300? wasn't Luck top five in passing last year behind one of the worst lines?

My entire point is that is not about Luck versus Wilson, although so many fragile fans need to make it about that. it's about how much better the Seahawk franchise is than the Colts - from the top down.
Makes what Russell has done that much more impressive.
I do not interpret that as a durability statement, but a wins statement. Again, Wilson was surrounded by a better all around team - Luck had nothing around him and no Carson to lean on - all while dropping back hundreds more times than Wilson. It's not a knock on Wilson, it doesn't diminish Wilson's success, it shows how much better the Seahawks franchise is. Jesus, the thin skins on here. And for those that want to make it about the stats - isn't being a top five passer behind the worst line the most important stat? And Indianapolis has had one of the worst defensive teams over the last few years. Cherry picking the few times they were decent dos not dismiss the bottom five finishes they usually had - not to mention the consistently bottom feeding rushing attack - meaning Luck had to completely carry the team year after year - because the Colts are just a shitty franchise. But I understand that anything other than blind Wilson worship is taboo around here. Luck's accomplishments to NOT diminish Wilson's,l and vice versa. They're both legendary. It's not a fucking zero sum game.
If you are talking overall achievement then I don't disagree, but given this is a thread that is based on Luck retiring due to injury I assumed he meant durability. Call me crazy.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:11 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:02 pm
Makes what Russell has done that much more impressive. Many are blaming the Colts O Line....Wilson's was worse!
Wilson ran a run-heavy offense with Marshawn Lynch - Luck ran a pass-heavy offense with no run game or offensive line. He was under duress far more than Wilson. Luck had no defense to rely on to get the ball back either. The Colts had nothing but Luck - Seattle had RW - a run game, and the league's best defense. Not sure that's a fair comparison.
Neither team had an O Line. One guy has missed two practices in his life, both to attend funerals. The other is retiring. They came out in the same draft. Russo's durability has been nothing short of amazing...and that fact is in no way shape or form a slight on Luck.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:35 pm

In pass-heavy offenses, defenses can go after the QB with greater abandon. Plus, Luck wasn't all that mobile. He needed a better pass-blocking line than Wilson for those two reasons.
The "not all that mobile" Luck ran a 4.67 40 in the combine. He also had 1590 yards rushing and 14 TD's. (Russ has 16)

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:35 pm
The "not all that mobile" Luck ran a 4.67 40 in the combine. He also had 1590 yards rushing and 14 TD's. (Russ has 16)
I was about to say.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:53 pm

Was he shifty? Did he cut like Wilson? I think not. Mobility is more than straight line speed and it helps you avoid getting hit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:59 pm

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:53 pm
Was he shifty? Did he cut like Wilson? I think not. Mobility is more than straight line speed and it helps you avoid getting hit.
Colts fans might have thought he was pretty shifty Saturday night.......
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:01 am

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:53 pm
You tell us. Its not like he played 30 years ago..

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 am

Here's some guy that doesn't know anything about football comparing Luck's Mobility to Watson, Bortles and Tannehil at the 2:17 .mark

https://youtu.be/poS85NkXdgI