A 'Datt A Boy" for Penny

trharder

Re: A 'Datt A Boy" for Penny

Post by trharder » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:09 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:41 am
Definitely a glimpse of what could have been! Obviously, THIS is the guy they thought they drafted. Too bad AP wasn't here the entire time to wake him the fuck up.
It's definitely like something clicked. Although he had showed some talent before, it's hard to remember when he didn't do shit last year. I think it's been a perfect storm of shit for Penny. I think he was immature when he first got in the league. Expectations fucked with his mind a little. He's been hurt a lot and spent a lot of time worrying about re-injury. Then he got healthy and gained some confidence. I still don't trust him to be "the guy" and I've always been a supporter.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 am

Michael K. wrote:
Definitely a glimpse of what could have been! Obviously, THIS is the guy they thought they drafted. Too bad AP wasn't here the entire time to wake him the fuck up.
Isn't it possible that the AP connection is a coincidence? I mean, what did he tell him? "Run where they ain't and when you get to where they ain't, run really FAST!"
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 am
Michael K. wrote:
Isn't it possible that the AP connection is a coincidence? I mean, what did he tell him? "Run where they ain't and when you get to where they ain't, run really FAST!"
Never underestimate the value of a role model / mentor.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 am

I'm still skeptical about how Penny will perform once he has a new contract in hand. I've never said he didn't have the talent, it's always been about the motivation.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 am
I'm still skeptical about how Penny will perform once he has a new contract in hand. I've never said he didn't have the talent, it's always been about the motivation.
This is why a: And I am not an armchair football Madden~GM scholar but a franchise tag or one of the transition tags might be appropriate. I know only the franchise tag gets draft pick comp if lost but I think if he knows he is wanted and negotiates in good faith a reasonable incentive-laden contract could be signed. An alternative would be the 8.655m +/-. Another alternative would be a draft pick compensation should our Penny be signed elsewhere: and that would be equivalent to two 1st Rd. picks.

Seattle is set up in cap room weel for next year with an expected #7 most with 56M in cap room. I have not looked at the FA class but we need some pricey parts tackle, #1 CB, among them.

These choices are tough, I thought Penny has made this offense look Dangeruss once again. I mean last 2 weeks 51, and 38 points put up.

178 pts over the last /6 = Right near 30 a game.

There are a lot of notable players hitting FA:
Diggs (S) had 5 ints on the year probowl
Shell (RT)
Woods (DT)
DJ Reed (CB)
R. Green (DL) 6.5 sacks #2/#3 on team
Dissly (TE) faded after the bright start
Collins (RB) depth RB 3.8/carry
Sydney Jones (CB) UW guy showed pretty well as the season ended
Penny ( RB) well discussed
Neal (DB) decent depth
Mone (DT) size matters when stopping the run and taking on double teams so fast guys can loop around
Haynes )OL) I always liked the potential
Tanner Muse (S-Athlete) 230# 6'3" 4.4 40 time. I thought that they could develop him let's hope.

There are a number of major contributed: Diggs, Reed, Green, Shell, and Woods were all starters I believe. Guys like Penny and Jones were at the end. And even more of the depth guys like Mone, Haynes, Neal, Collins need to be replaced one way or the other.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:04 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 am
Michael K. wrote:
Never underestimate the value of a role model / mentor.
lol Sarcasm? I don't care if the Jim Brown, Walter Payton and God Almighty are your mentors, nobody goes from barely staying on the field to averaging 150 yards a game because somebody gave them advice.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:45 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 am
The fact that he came into his rookie year fat and couldn't revover from a hand injury to even become second string until like week 10? Would lead one to believe your fear is very relevant.

SeattleSportsRUs

Post by SeattleSportsRUs » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 pm

From my observation, one thing is obvious:

Penny has stopped fucking around in the backfield. He's not doing this bullshit dance where he loops backward or traverses the length of the field anymore. He's simplified his game - hits holes hard, makes 1 cut at the LB level and takes off.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 am

SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 pm

Penny has stopped fucking around in the backfield. He's not doing this bullshit dance where he loops backward or traverses the length of the field anymore. He's simplified his game - hits holes hard, makes 1 cut at the LB level and takes off.
Yep, that used to piss me off. His negative runs were killers his first couple of years. His style turned 2nd and 8 into 2nd and 12 so many times!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:03 am

SeattleSportsRUs wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 pm

So wtf was our RB coach doing for 3.75 seasons???
dt