dt

Hasslecracked

Re: Does RW get booed upon his return

Post by Hasslecracked » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:21 pm

Did Russ even say goodbye to Seattle?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:29 pm

Yep. Right here. Even got a family photo for the occasion.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:44 pm

Pretty sure there was a lot more animosity than reported. Honestly, I don't blame the guy. Carroll is a chuckle head. That said, it's a business.

And consider what little class SEA demonstrated with Wagner's release.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:46 pm

Russ is about what's best for Russ.

But, Pete and John are about the same. Do they really care for items that don't directly help their own personal agendas?

I am equally done with Pete. I am tired of his championship talk crap. We haven't been there in a long time. And looking at the drafts and direction thus far, I don't see it coming anytime soon. Oh well, we get to here the other sunshine pumper still.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 pm

All conjecture, but I've heard a lot of not-so-flattering things about Russ during his time in Seattle. I heard that over the years, hospital visits became much less about the kids and more about getting the camera on him for a photo op.

While he's revered for his work ethic, his teammates clearly did not relate to him and gave him the reputation of a coach's pet. In some of the early Mike Rob videos, you see Sherman refer to Wilson as a robot on more than one occasion. That, coupled with the idea that he wasn't "black enough" for some players, kind of shows a rift that may have always been there in the locker room.

Then, all this crap came out about how Russ wanted to cement his legacy as one of the best to ever do it and play until he's 45. You could see him take less risks on the field (he never threw over the middle), immediately ducking hits, no longer choosing to run when a play breaks down, etc. He started appearing in GQ spreads and was selling a cologne...

He seemingly left Seattle nothing like the kid who had to fight the stigma associated with being a 5'10 QB drafted in the 3rd round. I loved Russ early in his career because it seemed like winning and doing whatever necessary to win was what he was all about. I didn't like Russ as much when he left because it seemed that mentality had shifted to being all about him and his personal success.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:02 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 pm
All conjecture, but I've heard a lot of not-so-flattering things about Russ during his time in Seattle. I heard that over the years, hospital visits became much less about the kids and more about getting the camera on him for a photo op.

While he's revered for his work ethic, his teammates clearly did not relate to him and gave him the reputation of a coach's pet. In some of the early Mike Rob videos, you see Sherman refer to Wilson as a robot on more than one occasion. That, coupled with the idea that he wasn't "black enough" for some players, kind of shows a rift that may have always been there in the locker room.

Then, all this crap came out about how Russ wanted to cement his legacy as one of the best to ever do it and play until he's 45. You could see him take less risks on the field (he never threw over the middle), immediately ducking hits, no longer choosing to run when a play breaks down, etc. He started appearing in GQ spreads and was selling a cologne...

He seemingly left Seattle nothing like the kid who had to fight the stigma associated with being a 5'10 QB drafted in the 3rd round. I loved Russ early in his career because it seemed like winning and doing whatever necessary to win was what he was all about. I didn't like Russ as much when he left because it seemed that mentality had shifted to being all about him and his personal success.
Great post. Agree completely. I like real people. He seems not that.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:02 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 pm

Great post. Agree completely. I like real people. He seems not that.
I second that motion. Good stuff.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 pm

No.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:35 am

He wore out his welcome, so to speak, but he certainly should not be booed.