End of an Era - Hawks release Baldwin and Chancellor

auroraave

End of an Era - Hawks release Baldwin and Chancellor

Post by auroraave » Thu May 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Sucks about Doug - - didn't realize it was that bad. He was (both, actually) a true warrior and a Seahawk legend - look forward to seeing them in the Ring of Honor.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seah ... r-careers/

D-train

Re: End of an Era - Hawks release Baldwin and Chancellor

Post by D-train » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Does suck about ADB but it has been a given that he was done since it was announced during the draft. News must travel slow in that tiny remote village you call home. :)
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Baldwin's an easy #2 all-time franchise WR with Largent. That's the biggest thing about sports that sucks, it seems like you just don't get enough time before the game tells you you're done, especially in football.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2019 12:19 am

I love what Doug did for the org. but another mouth leaving the operation isn't a bad thing.

dt
dt

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am

Very much loved these two in the way they played the game. I agree with ADB over Brian Blades,,,,, Until I went to pro-football reference and discovered Blades had more yards in his 10 year career but an outstanding 97% vs ADB at 68% is that possible. Asked and answered Profootball ref has 2 players with over 200% on the Hawks all-time list. Not to mention Gallaway probably has more talent and production averages and we could argue for D Jackson and a few others but on emotion I give ADB the nod on super-bowl winning best receiver over the era. Even that is basically because he was the one that has had the most longevity. Tyler Lockett had 10 TDs and near 1000 yards last season. Golden Tate signed elsewhere but had come into his own as well he put up 900 yards his final year improving every year prior and has the edge on ADB in yards now as is.

Woulda coulda shoulda.

Safety where to rank Chancellor? I gotta rank him right up there with ET, Eugene Robinson, and Kenny Easily.

Thanks for the memories guys.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Fri May 10, 2019 2:24 am

Both are definitely shoe-ins for the Ring of Honor. I'll definitely wear my Chancellor jersey with pride.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri May 10, 2019 2:50 am

Hanjag wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am
Very much loved these two in the way they played the game. I agree with ADB over Brian Blades,,,,, Until I went to pro-football reference and discovered Blades had more yards in his 10 year career but an outstanding 97% vs ADB at 68% is that possible. Asked and answered Profootball ref has 2 players with over 200% on the Hawks all-time list. Not to mention Gallaway probably has more talent and production averages and we could argue for D Jackson and a few others but on emotion I give ADB the nod on super-bowl winning best receiver over the era. Even that is basically because he was the one that has had the most longevity. Tyler Lockett had 10 TDs and near 1000 yards last season. Golden Tate signed elsewhere but had come into his own as well he put up 900 yards his final year improving every year prior and has the edge on ADB in yards now as is.

Woulda coulda shoulda.

Safety where to rank Chancellor? I gotta rank him right up there with ET, Eugene Robinson, and Kenny Easily.

Thanks for the memories guys.
all due respect to Eugene, he was nowhere near the player that Kam was. at one point Doug had an insane percentage of catches vs. drops, and also 3rd down conversion as a percentage of catches. hard to believe that Blades had a 97% catch to target rate, must be something fishy with that. i'd rate ADB 2, Galloway 3 and Blades 4. For that high for Joey i have to count the 2 #1s we got from Dallas in trade as part of his contribution to the Hawks.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri May 10, 2019 2:55 am

D-train wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:19 am
I love what Doug did for the org. but another mouth leaving the operation isn't a bad thing.

dt
I think that's what made them so good D. They were all underdogs that became Champions! Played with the "chip" on their shoulders.
Doug was tough as nails. He played hurt. Caught some unbelievable balls to save the day over and over again.
Bam bam too could absolutely destroy you. I still feel some of his hits. I'll never forget his hurdling the line to block a field goal.
That team is now for all purposes gone. Can Pete works his magic again? Get this new group to play with a "chip"?
I am excited they had the money to get a few new toys. Some proven vets to go along with abundance of unproven youth.
Personally I want Suh. Need a little more nasty in the pansy NFL today.
Go Hawks!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri May 10, 2019 3:16 am

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:55 am
D-train wrote:

dt
I think that's what made them so good D. They were all underdogs that became Champions! Played with the "chip" on their shoulders.
Doug was tough as nails. He played hurt. Caught some unbelievable balls to save the day over and over again.
Bam bam too could absolutely destroy you. I still feel some of his hits. I'll never forget his hurdling the line to block a field goal.
That team is now for all purposes gone. Can Pete works his magic again? Get this new group to play with a "chip"?
I am excited they had the money to get a few new toys. Some proven vets to go along with abundance of unproven youth.
Go Hawks!
i think if he still had the nasty, he woulda been signed by now. do you remember him getting manhandled by DJ last year? that was no Fluke!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2019 3:01 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:55 am
D-train wrote:

dt
Go Hawks!
I just wish he didn't do the Dump reenactment on the field in the SB. Saldy I will always think of that as part of my memory of him. Even though there is no rational connection to that and the pic at the end of the game, I believe in Karma and I think we probably win that game if he hadn't done that.
dt